nineteen

I heard a knock on my front door and felt my heat sink, he was here. 

I ran down the stairs, ally following behind me, and took a deep breathe before opening the door. 

He was wearing black sweatpants and a grey hoodie. His hands we're in his hoodie pocket and the wind was slightly blowing through his hair, he looked up at me and smiled. 

I smiled back, "Hi George, oh god come in it's freezing out there." 

"Thanks Ava." He said walking into my house. 

He took his hood off and leaned down to the ground, "Ally!" He said petting her. 

She purred against his leg, "I know, I missed you too." 

He got up from the ground and turned around to face me. 

"Hey Ava, how have you been?"

"Alright I guess, and you?"

"Okay, is it okay if I sit down?"

"George you don't have to ask." I chuckled, sitting down at the couch. 

He sat beside me, it felt awkward.

We hadn't talked in almost a month and after everything, what were we supposed to say?

I still didn't know how I felt about him, or how he felt about me. 

But Nick was right, I push everything away. And I didn't wanna do that with George, we both had to hear what each other had to say.

"So, you said you wanted to talk?"

"Yeah uh, I'm sorry I just don't know exactly what to say." 

"So should I start?"

"If you want to." I shrugged, he nodded. 

"Ava you were the first girl I ever liked, finally being able to be with you after so long made me feel so lucky. I didn't care whether or not it hurt my sister, all I wanted was you. And looking back at it now, of course we should have told her, but we we're gonna. We just had to be ready, we weren't going to hide it forever. But, I'm sorry for everything that happened. You lost your best friend and, it was all because of me. I didn't wanna hurt you..."

"George you we're never the one who hurt me. It's just, Riley's like my own sister and, with everything that happened with my parents, I didn't wanna loose her too. I liked you so much and I thought if she knew about us, not only would I loose her, but I'd loose you too. And that's exactly what happened. I thought us being together was a bad idea, and it wasn't only your fault. It was mine too, I pinned you as the bad guy. You never were the bad guy, you just cared about me." 

"I'm sorry about your parents Ava, they're still not on speaking terms?"

"No, but what about you? Are you okay? I didn't know your dad-"

"He's a horrible man, that's why me and Riley never got along. She chose him, but now she knows the truth so..."

"Have you talked to her?" 

"She actually reached out to me two nights ago, she tried to convince me to talk to you." 

"Nick has been doing the same thing, they really want us to be friends again huh?"

George chuckled, "Yeah I guess."

...

"So then, do you wanna be friends again?" George asked. 

"Just friends right?" 

George nodded, "Just friends Ava." 

Friends. 

I smiled, "Of course we're friends again Gogy." 

He smiled, "I missed you Ava."

"I missed you too George."

558 words.