6 Weeks it's Worth The Wait

6 weeks... it has been 6 weeks since the incident. 6 weeks since she couldn't breath on her own. And 5 weeks since she had her ventilator taken off and thankfully, never needed it since. She only seemed stable in certain times of the day, and one day her life nearly caved in. It was scary, and it only brought down their hope more each day.

Despite that, it happened a week ago, she improved slowly, and the nurse said there was a slight chance for her to wake up soon. Truly, they thought he was lying. They only thought he said that to try and give them hope, really for Asher, who broke every day.

Asher didn't move from his spot, and he did everything he tried to do for Andrea. He ate for Andrea, tried to get some rest for Andrea, and did all of his homework for Andrea. However, he barely got any sleep, in fact, he didn't sleep. His droopy eyes watched over Andrea's 'lifeless' body just to see her eyes open even just a smidge. And some days all he could do was cry at her sight, and with more wires attached to try out some more medications. None on her chest, but one just attached to her neck for one medication they wouldn't tell them what it was for. They only said something about an infection, they thought of Starla.

This is all of her power's fault, if something this critical could happen why wouldn't they warn us? Asher thought every hour.

And her other friends? They all knew and visited every other day, they saw Asher in the same spot all the time. Ava, Diego, and Lucas would always come at the same time and would hold her other hand, and just talk to them how their day went. Even Astra and Noah came to visit, though many days it was too much for them, and asked to get them when she was better. It struck them all just as hard as Asher, however they went to classes, Asher just did the work besides Andrea.

Her bed and slightly raised but not too much, Andrea's head tilted to the side as her chest slowly rises and falls. It was the only thing they could go by that she was still alive, despite the countless beeping from all the machines that beeped, and beeped... and beeped.

Asher did have to change, and still does but doesn't do anymore than that. Ryker would take the work back to each teacher and they would grade them and send them back, all with top scores. It was all for Andrea Asher always thought as he would toss the piles of his works onto his stack just behind him.

And today, it was just another regular day... without Andrea. Asher was exhausted, he was in a matching black hoodie and sweatpant with slight designs. He likes it so much now because it was something Andrea had gotten him during the summer.

Asher was sitting on her left side, 4 wires attached to her hand, and some followed along her arm. She had even more on the other, and her face faced away from Asher. He played with the strands that fell out of her two braids. He swirled it around his finger as they braided it to not get matted.

And she looked so innocent, like nothing was going wrong, nothing was happening at the moment. Asher gave off a faint smile but couldn't help but let out a sob, "Andrea... gosh why did this have to happen?" He hung his head low. Asher moved his hand from her hair to the railing, and thought about the exact moment.

He remembered hearing her dark voice, beaming red eyes, and using her powers on them, in which she didn't have control. Asher still had her powers and didn't know when she would get them back, or even if she would get them back. There was still no telling if she would wake up and smile, or die fighting. Asher interlocked his fingers with Andrea's and on a Friday afternoon they wished to hangout and talk about the dramatic times in school.

"Today marks 6 weeks that this has happened to you. At least, that's what Ryker tells me whenever he comes by, I've lost track of time. Ryker always says he would love to stay, but always ends up tearing up and leaves back to our dorm. Ava and her friends always visit, I always back away to let them talk to you, and at least one of them ends up crying. I mean, who wouldn't? We all miss you so much, and we are all still trying to keep our hope up. And... I haven't been the same, I don't think I've cried so many times within a month. And- I-I miss you, a lot, life just hasn't been the same without you, it hasn't been the same for all of us. And nothing goes on in my life without you" Asher sighed as rubbed her hand.