17. "You can't help it ..."

"Before I came to you... to you... in the glade, I had a normal teenage life. I went to school, had a great family with siblings, did a lot with friends... and I had a boyfriend...... Thomas was my boyfriend... we... were together for 2 years or... we are theoretically still together... I was just overjoyed... until one day everything worked out changed... the people who brought you... brought us here... took us with them... we... we should work for them" Tears ran down my cheeks. "Hey... you can't help it" "But... we were... we were friends Newt... we were all friends... we did this to you... I did this to you... after 3 years... Thomas and I granted each other... but that didn't work very well... as a punishment that we resisted them, they sent us to you in the glade" "But why can you remember your old life?" "We don't know either" "Were we... good friends?" "We... were best friends, you and Minho were always there for me... you... even confessed your feelings for me back then" "Really?" "Yes, but... I rejected you... because I was with Thomas..." "Oh... do you still love him?" "I... yes... I love him, but I love you too" "I know... thank you for being honest" I smiled at him and put my hand on his cheek. "I love you Newt" "I love you too love" "Are you really not mad?" "No, of course not... why should I?" "I thought... since I still love Thomas you are angry..." "Hey... I can't change anything... you have been together in the past... that's just the way it is" "Thanks... I love you" "I love you too" Together we lay in bed and cuddled together until we both fell asleep.

"Good morning love" "Mhm... Good morning Newt" "Come on, we have to get up" "Can't we lie down a little longer?" "We could, but then we'll get into trouble from Alby" "Aren't you the 2nd leader? Why is there no advantage?" "Because I only have something to say when Alby is not okay" I grinned at him. "Oh no love, you let that be nice... otherwise you will be banned... I wouldn't be able to cope with that" "I didn't say anything" "But you thought it, you can't deny it" "Exactly, I thought... I didn't say it, so you can't say that I thought of doing something to Alby" "You agree with me the whole time, you never said it was wrong" "It's fine... Come on I'm hungry" "I'm on my way, love" As always, we went to breakfast holding hands. "Good morning you two lovebirds, how are you?" I just rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Good morning Minho... we are fine" "How do you know how I am?" "You were just fine" "Maybe the presence of a certain person changed my mood" "It's fine, I'll never call you that again" "I don't think that's what it's about Minho" I ate my breakfast in silence. Newt was right, that wasn't my point. Meanwhile, I didn't care what Minho calls us. I was still mad at him about yesterday. Because of him, I had to explain to Newt why I wanted to kill myself.