57. The video

And even if I knew he wouldn't like it, I gave him a big hug. "Newt, you are fine" He looked down at me in shock. "Well, if you think" Still in my embrace, I looked up at his face. "Please Newt, I can't stand you ignoring me and I know this is my punishment, the Break-up... but can we try again? Will you give me another chance?"

He didn't say anything. "Newt?" "Y/N I don't know if that's a good idea" "But you always said yourself that-" "Maybe I just changed my mind" I looked at him in silence, still in my embrace. "I'm sorry Y/N" "Are you really trying to make it clear to me that you don't give a shit if I died? After all these months?" Again he said nothing. I pulled out of the hug, although he didn't really hug me. "If you got the idea to look for me, I'll be with Thomas and Minho" "Y/N I didn't mean that at all" "How?! How the hell did you mean it then?!" "I think we just need a longer break." I looked deep into his eyes with tears. "Then I'd rather kill myself" With these words I went back to the other two who at least they don't hurt me. Yeah, I know I hurt Newt, but he hurt me with those words. "Is everything ok?" "He just wants a longer break... the bad thing is that he is serious this time... and I have the feeling that this is a very long break" "What do you think how he defines long?" "1 year... maybe longer" "Do you know how he really defines long?" I shook my head. "He can't even go a month without you, believe me." I nodded slightly and then we went on. We arrived in a room. There was broken glass everywhere and a few corpses. Normally I would have liked to hold Newt's hand now, but that couldn't be done. We stopped in front of a large screen. Thomas pressed a large red button. The screen lit up and a video played. The video showed many bodies and how the flare spread. "Hey princess, everything will be fine" Thomas slowly took my hand. I grabbed it and leaned against him. Just before the video ended, a blonde woman appeared. "Hello Y/N and Thomas... when you see that, almost half the population has either died or they have turned into cranks. Over the past few years we have observed you and learned a lot about you. But we have mostly learned about Newt and that only because of you Y/N. We thank you very much for that. Of course, we also know how important you are to each other... ", Newt and I looked at each other. "... but unfortunately we have to separate you... but don't worry Y/N, nothing will happen to him... at least nothing that you wouldn't have wanted" With that, the video ended. "What did she mean by that Y/N?" Everyone looked at me in confusion. "I-I don't know" I slowly walked up to Newt. "I'm so sorry Newt... I-I love you" "I... I love you too" Then it all happened too quickly. Many guards came and ran towards us, but they did nothing to us. At least that's what I thought. We each had a guard, but Newt had two. One of the two guards took out a syringe. "No! Leave him alone!" That's why the guards stood behind us. They held us so we couldn't help Newt. After injecting Newt, they let go of me, but only me. Shortly after I got to Newt, he fell over.