26. Did he then...?

"Y/N? Can we talk... about yesterday?" Newt looked at me confused. "Um, yeah... sure Gally" I felt Newt's puzzled look on me as I walked a little apart with Gally. "So about yesterday... you cleared it up with Newt... and you're... together again..." "Yeah... listen Gally, I like you... but not that way... how you like me" "Yes, I know... Newt can be really lucky to have you... I've never seen him so happy... especially not after the incident" The last one was whispered, or he spoke more to himself. "What... incident?" "Oh you heard... it" "What incident Gally?" "He should tell you himself... otherwise he'll kill me" "Ok... is it... something bad?" "It depends on how you define bad... or whether you see what you wanted to do as bad"

He doesn't mean...

"Well... I'm going back to Newt" "Yes... are you coming back to the bonfire?" "Yes... if I'm not talking to Newt" "Ok, I'm looking forward to it" I made my way to the gardens because the boys should all be at work by now. "Hey love... what did Gally want to talk to you about?" The thought that he was going to kill himself before I got here tore my heart apart. "Love?... Y/N, are you okay?" "Yes... yes everything... fine" "So what did Gally want?" "I uh... should also work... see you later" I walked quickly to the Med-jacks hut. Newt was visibly confused, but then went back to his work.

"So... you are not allowed to walk as much now, understand?" "Thanks Y/N" "You really don't want to tell me what happened?" "Gally looked kind of sad, that's why I asked him what's going on and if it had anything to do with you... then he freaked out a bit, got a spade from Newt... Newt wanted to stop him, but Gally was back with me faster and hit the spade full against my leg" "Oh man... ok you can stay here a little longer" I wanted to go, but he stopped me. "Where are you going?" "Talking to the boys" "Are you sure?" "Hey... that sounds a little self-absorbed but... the two of them love me, they would never hurt me" "Yes, everyone knows that, but something could still happen" "Don't worry" After giving me the "permission", I went into the glade. "Newt! Gally! Come here now!" The others looked at me in shock, but I ignored that. Most important were the ones that were just arriving. "What's wrong love?" "Is everything okay Y/N?" "We have to talk... now" Alby looked at me confused, but said nothing about the fact that I was keeping them both from work, let alone that I wasn't working myself. As if I were the 2nd leader. "What is it that you want to talk to us both about?" "1. About the incident earlier..." I looked at Gally, who turned his head away. "...2. I want to talk about something specific... but not here" "So let's go... to our tree?" "Yes..." Gally didn't say a word anymore and just ran after us in silence.