31. "I was scared of losing you"

"Here Y/N" "Thanks Jeff" "Shall we leave you alone again?" "Yes... that would be... nice" "Ok, good night then, see you tomorrow" "You too, see you tomorrow" I took Newt's hand for a while until I fell asleep on the couch.

"Love?" I startled. It was now the next morning. "Newt..." "How are you love?" "I'm fine... but how are you?" "If you're fine, I'm fine too" I definitely have the cutest boyfriend in the world. "Sure?" "Yeah love it's all good" I took his hand. "I was so scared of losing you" Tears welled in my eyes. "I'm with you, and it will be like that forever" "I know... but I'm still scared of losing you at some point" Newt was about to say something when Gally came in the door. We looked at him in silence, or rather, I looked at him and then straight to the floor. I can't easily forgive or forget what he's done. "Hey you two, I... wanted to apologize for yesterday... I don't know what was wrong with me and that I hit you Y/N I'm so sorry" I didn't answer. Newt gave me an apologetic look like that. I felt that he wanted me to at least say something to Gally. "It's good Gally... just go again" "Y/N... just that you know... I love you and that will never change... I'm sorry" Then he left. Newt actually seemed very calm, for Gally just told me he loved me. "Will you ever forgive him?" "Don't know... maybe not" "That wouldn't be fair... you forgave me too"

Flashback:

"I love you Newt, it will always be like that... when I told you that I hate you... I didn't mean it, I was just so mad at you at the moment because you hurt someone" "I love you too Y/N, and I'm sorry" To show him that I forgive him, I kissed him again.

Flashback end

He was right about that. It's actually the same as it was back then and yet it's somehow different. "But... with you, it's... something else" "Why?" "Well... I love you... and Gally not... he's just a friend to me and considering how much I hated him back then... that's a big step forward." It would have been better if I would never have said these things, because the next few days were probably the saddest of my life.