Chapter 12: Her Aberration

HAVEN POV

Aberration: A departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically one that is unwelcome.

Anger flooded my senses as I stormed out to Lara's car. I had one thing on my mind and that was 'what the fuck'. Lara didn't say much when I got to the car and I was secretly thanking her for that. Knowing how pissed I am right now I would most likely snap at her. Pulling into the driveway of the house I barely give the car enough time to stop before I slam the door shut and stalk into the house.

"What the fuck?" my brother exclaims after I slam the door shut and stalk into the living room.

"How long did you know?" I ask, my voice is almost unrecognizable with anger.

"What?" he asked groggily. My guess he just woke up from a nap. I walk to the kitchen and grab a glass of cold water. I walk back into the living room and splash him with it.

"What the fuck?!?" he screams and I flinch falling to the ground. I cover my head waiting for the hit, stupid. Why did I do that? when the hit doesn't come I look up to see Lara hand Paul a towel and I sigh in relief.

Remembering why I'm angry I stand back up. I ask him again when he sits on the couch. "How long did you know?" my voice is dangerously calm but my heart is pounding furiously the urge to scream is there and pulsing harder every minute. My blood is hot, boiling in my body like lava waiting to cause an explosion.

"Know what?" he asks throwing the towel aside.

"How long did you know that our mother worked at Wilmore, Huh? Is that why you were so insistent on sending me there? So I could reconnect with mommy dearest? What did you think would happen Paul? HUH?!? Tell me did you think I would run into her arms and shout MOMMY?!? No I didn't if she would've looked at me I would've walked right up to her looked her dead in the eyes and tell her to go to hell. I knew the whole 'I haven't talked to her in years' was utter bullshit." I spout angrily at him and he sighed.

"I knew before I sent you there but I didn't think you'd see her"

"Come on Paul you're going to have to lie a lot better than that. I grew up being taught how to lie. You can't fucking fool me, tell me the truth"

"I thought that you could reconcile, yes. I did screw me for that"

"I WENT THROUGH THIS BECAUSE OF HER! THESE ARE THE SCARS THAT SHE LEFT AS MUCH AS HE DID. SHE DID THIS TO ME WHEN SHE DECIDED THAT LEAVING ME WAS OKAY. SHE SIGNED ME UP FOR THIS! ARE YOU PROUD? HUH ARE YOU PROUD OF WHAT MOMMY LEFT BEHIND?"

"SHE DIDN'T DO THIS TO YOU, CHARLES DID. IT'S NOT HER FAULT"

"THEN WHO'S IS IT BESIDES HIS? HUH? SHE LEFT ME WITH THAT MONSTER. In my mind, that makes her just as guilty. I can not believe you lied to me. Wow, I really feel just so fucking great." I cough a little bit from yelling my throat is strained.

"She went through it too" he says and I look at him.

"What?"

"I talked to her after we found you and I told her what Charles, that monster, had done to you and she cried and told me that he had been like that for the longest time. That she had fell in love with the cop who continuously saved her. And when he offered for her to escape with him she took it. She never thought that he'd do that to you"

I scoff tears brimming my eyes. "That almost makes it worse, because that means she knew what kind of monster he was and she left me with him anyway. How are you okay with that? hmm? She left me with him, knowing what he was capable of". He sighs and shrugs his shoulders.