Chapter 13: Her Protection

Haven POV

"We have to go now! Do you have a car?" I ask backing away watching Caine search the play ground. In his hand a gun, boom he shoots the gun into the air and I flinch. Everyone panics and starts running.

"Yeah lets go" He rushes and Obi-Wan runs with me his tail tucked between his legs.

We get into the car and I look behind me. Caine is still searching the area for me. "Do you know the way to the station?" I ask and Easton nods.

"Yeah-"

"Good go there now" I rush out.

"What was that? are you Haven?" I look at him and nod. "Why was that guy there?"

"Someone wants me dead" I say monotone and he says nothing.

Smith Pruitt was standing by a desk as the police station is in chaos. "I want someone to locate Haven and the boy she was with.  As well as the other boy in the photos, NOW" he rushes and I walk up to him and tap his shoulder.

"Haven thank god you're alright we just got the threats this morning how are you here? And we just got a call about a shooting"

"The shooting was where I was, Charles's best friend Caine was behind it. He was looking for me, I don't know why. He said "Haven Scott, we have a score to settle" I don't even know what that means" Officer Pruitt sighs.

"I think I do" he walks over to another desk. "A couple days ago I got these" he hands me a manila folder. I open it up and pull out pictures. There are tons of them, one with when I talked to Easton on the steps my first day. One of me leaving with Lara. One of me talking to Rowan in front of the school. One of me talking to Westley. One of me talking to both of the boys. And tons more like it. Ones of me walking to the park with Obi-Wan. Some of just Easton and some of Westley, Some of my house, and my brother, and Lara.

"I don't understand" I say breathily. I start to hyperventilate as pressure builds behind my eyes. Easton comes up and grabs my hand.

"Come with me, both of you, the other young man is in the other room".

I walk into the room Officer Pruitt leads us to and I see Westley on the couch comforting his crying mother. "I'm confused" Easton says. Westley looks up at us his eyebrows piercing in confusion.

"Sit down, Now I've already talked to Paul and Lara. But Easton and Westley since you are adults we don't need your parents here. Now Haven, you are being stalked. By who we don't know but this note came with the photos." He handed me a white piece of paper.

'Haven Scott has lived for too long. Know that these are not the only photos we have of her. If you try to move her we will kill her brother Paul Scott and his Fiancé Lara Cassidy. If you try to save Haven Scott we will kill Her boyfriend Easton Price. As well as Westley Carter. Havens Fate is sealed, no police no protection. This is your only warning'

My heart sank as I read this note over and over and over. "How do they know who everyone in my life is? I don't understand" I rubbed my forehead.

"I want to put you three into witness protection. You'd be living in the same house and you'd be living as isolated as possible. We would be moving Lara and Paul to another house. You'd be given a phone that only receives calls. Someone would be protecting you at all times"

"For how long?" I ask and Officer Pruitt sighs.

"Until we catch the guy who is hunting you. Whoever this is, I can't ignore it. We will do the best we can to make sure you guys are safe. That includes saving your families also. Someone put a hit on you Haven and this person won't stop until you're dead. I'm sorry but I can't risk it."

"Do you think it's him?" I ask.

"No he's been in solitary since he's been locked up. He got into a physical altercation with a guard. Unless he put out the hit before he went in..." as he says that I think about what Charles told me before he got arrested.

" 'You think you'll get out of this? I already sealed your fate you're done for'. That's what he said to me before you all arrested him" Officer Pruitt nods thinking.

"I still think protection is smart, Paul thinks so too because he also got a note threatening Lara if he doesn't give you up. Now Easton and Westley, you have a right to turn down protection but I am telling you not to. Whoever has targeted Haven seems to think they can use you to get to her. It is very important that we keep her safe but you guys are welcome to think it over. I will be back in about 15 minutes. Take your time. Haven, maybe it's best you explain things to them" He says before getting up and walking out the door. Easton grabbed the note and read it before passing it to Westley.

"They seem to think you and I are in a relationship" He says picking up the photos. "Nice onesie" he says mentioning my elephant onesie. I grab the photo from him and slam it on the table.

"I am not in a joking mood right now Easton" He looks at me. "What?"

"I've just never heard you say my name before."

"So?" I ask.

"I like it" he says and I stare at him.

"He may think you all are in a relationship but you aren't so he got that part wrong at least" Obi-Wan gets up on the couch and lays on my lap.

"So why exactly do you need protection?"

"And why is this person hunting you?"

~AUTHORS NOTE~

~You can read up to Chapter 14 on Inkitt! Any other platform with this story is stolen!! Please Let me know if someone is stealing my story. Someone mentioned that their story was stolen too!!~

Thank you,

Olivia!