Chapter 3: Her Fake Funeral

3rd Person POV

Paul couldn't believe it, his hands started to shake as tears started to brim his eyes. He almost felt like throwing up. Lara came walking up to him her eyes held concern. She watched her fiancé as he looked like he was about to pass out.

"Are you sure? I don't think I could handle it if this turned out to be false" he says desperately sitting on the couch. Lara came quickly to comfort him holding his hand as he shook.

"I'm sure we ran her DNA it's a match, not to mention she looks just like you" Smith says through the phone.

"P-p-picture" Paul stuttered out "I need a picture to be sure" his tears were falling, this couldn't be true he thought to himself. He prayed to God above that this wasn't a dream.

His phone dinged and he dropped it as he saw the picture on his screen. Lara picked up his phone and gasped. On the screen sleeping in a hospital bed was his sister. Her skin was pale and she was skinny, her cheeks and eyes were sunken in as her dark hair sprawled out on the pillow behind her. He couldn't believe it, it was almost as if she was back from the dead, from what he could see little scars covered the back of her neck and the backs of her arms. He would bet that her back looked this way too.

"When are you coming back?" Lara had taken the phone as Paul was frozen in place. She said mhmm and nodded and wished Smith a goodbye before hanging up.

She kneeled in front of him eyes searching his face. "She's alive Lara, I thought she-" a sob broke through his throat as he shook from his cries. Lara moves and hugged the man she loved tightly before moving back and wiping the tears from his eyes holding his face. A look of determination came across her features and he held his gaze strongly.

"She didn't, and she's alive yes. But this girl has been through an ordeal. You can get it all out now but tomorrow you will pick yourself up. You will not stay in this place of guilt and grief. You will need to be there for her. You need to hold it together for her.

Don't expect the girl you knew I can guarantee she is not gone but locked away. It is your job and mine to help her find herself again.  She is facing a long road to recovery not just physically but mentally. You will also have to give her time to adjust, she's going through a lot of changes. The most we can do is give her love and support okay?" Paul nods and kisses Lara.

"Okay" he whispers placing his forehead on hers.

***

Haven POV

~*The next day*~

"Alright Haven, you are free to travel and free to go. I want you to take the supplements until you can keep entire meals down. I also want you to eat in small increments but multiple times a day. I gave Smith the doctor I am referring you to, she is wonderful. And she will help you from here. Take these once a day before bed, they'll help you sleep and these in the morning for pain. Make sure to lessen the pain killers as you start to get better. If you ever need anything else please call me. Smith has my number" The doctor with grey hair says with a kind smile. I nod and look down at the sweatshirt and sweatpants that swallow my body and sigh.

"You'll be healthy again in no time" My nurse Patty says. She hugs me and I give her a half smile. Smile, smile, smile I tell myself.

"Come on lets go, I didn't know what you wanted from your house so I thought if you're up to it and want to go and take a look, grab anything you need. We can, but if not thats fine too and I can have everything put in storage."

I think for a moment and nod pointing my finger to suggest going back. I can do this. I want to grab my grandmas necklace and my mothers ring. I don't need anything else.