Chapter Four

Rieka was sitting around the house with the newest book she's reading in her hands. It just got to the sexy part, which she was into because of her heightened, raging hormones and lack of Klaus the last few days. Rebekah was searching on the laptop to find Elijah and Hayley was outside.

It was about a werewolf king named Ryland and a beaten-down omega named Aspen. She almost laughed at the irony and how they portray werewolves, vampires, and witch's in said book. She got to the part where he was kissing down her throat after backing her into a wall, then Agnes, a witch elder, started bugging her about a check-up.

Rieka growls lowly and doggy-ears her page since her bookmark was missing. "I told you, Agnes, I feel great."

"You are overdue for a check-up."

"What am I gonna do," She sasses. "Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant hybrid, Bellissima no less, escorted by a witch? No, nothing to here, people."

Rebekah sighs. "A lot of women would kill to have a child. Strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours."

Rieka had to say, that hurts in a few ways

Rieka had to say, that hurts in a few ways. One: She knew how her blonde partner-in-crime longed for love and children. Two: That Rebekah didn't think she was taking care of the baby. Rieka's eyes look down as she puts the book on the table.

"I know a doctor out in the bayou off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you tonight, just us. Vampires will never get word of it," Agnes tells almost excitedly. Rieka, wanting to make sure she was doing well for the baby, agrees.

"Ok. Fine. Bayou baby doctor it is," Agnes stands up with Rieka. "Just let me ready myself."

Rieka runs up the stairs as the door opens downstairs and her fiancé walks in. She changes from shorts, socks, and a crewneck to black, ripped skinnies, a tank top that reads Play Hard, a thin, black cardigan, and combat boots with a small heel. She combs her hair into a high ponytail and adds mascara, eyeliner, maroon lipstick, and clear lipgloss.

She saunters downstairs to hear Klaus chatting with Rebekah. "Rob Marcel of his secret weapon, bring our brother home."

She walks into the parlor and to Rebekah, then kisses her cheek, all while looking into Klaus' eyes. "Bye, Bekah. I love you."

Klaus narrows his eyes as she walks out, then vamps in front of the door. "And, where is it you're going, my love?"

"To get a check-up. Why? You haven't acknowledged me the last few days," She tells with a load of anger behind it. He's been too busy with a power grab to pay her any mind. His face drops and he grabs the back of her neck gently then brings her into him. He lays a soft kiss on her forehead and then presses them together.

He looks directly into her eyes that are brown with a green tint. "I apologize, little wolf. I was-"

 I was-"