Chapter Fifteen

Rieka, Eve, and Hayley are in the run-down shack as Eve coaches the hybrid through birthing exercises. "Inhale and release," She tells, so Rieka does.

"So, I assume this means no epidural, huh," Hayley jests as she drinks some tea. Rieka narrows her eyes and the tea spills down her chest making Hayley yelps at the hot temperature. "Ouch!"

Rieka laughs from her position on the blanketed floor

Rieka laughs from her position on the blanketed floor. "Serves you right, Hales, but yeah. You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital, you know the place with the doctors and drugs and heated blankets?"

Eve smiles down at her. "Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you were born. Stop worrying."

She groans and sits up with a sigh. "Ok. Then what, Eve? I don't even know what it's like to have a mother, that got to take care of me and alive, let alone be one."

"Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do.

Hayley sighs. "I hope so because as fun it is to image Klaus changing dirty diapers, I'm pretty sure that you'll be doing this alone, plus me."

"And Javen, Rebekah, and maybe Elijah. Even if he doesn't show it, Klaus will at least try."

Hayley looks at her. "Really?"

"Well, I can hope his own childhood would reflect on him and make him a better parent. One that's not going to throw our child away. I can only hope."

"I think you'll be waiting an eternity for Klaus to step up," Hayley shoots her a sad look, but she just shakes it off.

"I somehow doubt that," Eve grins, then Elijah walks into the doorway.

"Pardon the interruption," He begins. "I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising."

Rieka sighs

Rieka sighs. "I'll let you all handle," She gestures to Elijah. "Whatever's happening with that. Later."

Whilst Hayley, Oliver, Elijah, and Jackson were talking in the barn, Rieka was sitting on the chair outside her door when a motorcycle speeds up. She stands with a hand on her stomach as the four come outside. She walks beside them as they go to talk to him.