Chapter Sixteen

Rieka's sitting down at the table, drinking a glass of orange juice, as Klaus stands behind her with his hands on her chair. Genevieve is sitting there reading over a spell Ester made for a werewolf version of daylight rings. Moonlight rings. They called in the witch because of Rieka's haywire magic.

The night before, she sent Javen flying over the balcony and into the courtyard by sneezing. Her magic is going crazy, this morning she got a vision. It was of her mate holding a baby, him in a tux and the baby, who she assumes is their child, in a blush pink dress at a wedding. So, as normal, she drew it out, but messed up when she sneezed and the paper cause fire, so she did it again.

Genevieve's voice breaks her from her thoughts. "Your mother's spell is as complicated as it is elegant. She was clearly a very gifted witch."

"And prone to child-killing," Rieka grumbles, she's been feeling off all day, Klaus was trying to help, but nothing worked. Not shoulder rubs, not a bath, not ice cream, nothing.

Klaus, fed up with the witch, snatches the paper and shows it to his fiance

Klaus, fed up with the witch, snatches the paper and shows it to his fiance. "Is this the bit here, my love?"

She nods but Genevieve butts in before could speak as she snatches the spell back. "Hey, like I said, it's complicated. She bound-"

"-Protection magic to black Kyanite stones. A wolf with the stone is free from turning every full moon," She interrupts the witch, making both looks at her. "I've probably read Ester's grimoire more than she has."

Klaus smirks at his love. "And what of the improvements?"

"The spell enhances speed, strength, and agility."

"There should be something in there about fangs. It's what my mother used when she turned us into vampires."

Rieka, remembering and wanting to show the witch up, speaks before her. "Not just fangs. Venom, so the bite is lethal to vampires, it's on the next page."

"Here," Genevieve grabs the page. "Should make a nice gift. I'm sure Hayley and Rieka are thrilled," She directs at Klaus sourly as if the hybrid mother wasn't there.

"It's not just Hayley," Rieka taunts. "You'll be making quite a batch of these. About an even...hundred, right, Nik?"

"Yes, little wolf."

"That's not the deal I made with Elijah."

Klaus smirks as he lays a hand on his fiance's shoulder. "Well, you're dealing with us, and Javen, now...and we three are offering considerably more."

"You think because I sleep with him, I'm suddenly at your beck and call," She voices anger at Klaus, making Rieka sit up.

"It's because you sleep with my uncle, Gen, this trio will protect you from harm, including Elijah."

Klaus takes it as a cue to step in with the false prize as he sits by his lady. "Because we need you for this, however, we're prepared to offer something much more valuable than our protection."