Chapter Fourteen

Elijah called Rieka to the compound for her opinions, seeing as Rebekah is gone, she's the lady of the house. Or, will be. Klaus was painting in his study and Javen was entertaining the red-headed witch in his quarters. She walks in and starts telling the compelled men what to do and how she wants it. The men start drilling into the ground when Javen, Genevieve, and Klaus saunter out from separate places.

"Enough with all the racket," Klaus shouts, not yet noticing his heavily pregnant mate sitting to the side with a glass of sweet tea in her hand, watching this unfold.
The men stop working so Elijah looks to the trio on the balcony. "Is there a problem, brother, Javen?"

"We agreed to a general sprucing up, not a three-ring circus," Javen inputs, he smiles at his niece as he, the witch, and hybrid sashay down to steps. Klaus, Javen, then Genevieve. None, but Javen, noticing the female hybrid. The ginger witch was watching Klaus as he speaks to his brother, not focusing on anything else.

 The ginger witch was watching Klaus as he speaks to his brother, not focusing on anything else

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century," Elijah states. "Now, you might be content to live in squalor. We're not."

"We," Klaus inquires.

Rieka stands up. "Yes, Nik," They turn to her. "We. This is my doing. I'm the woman of the family, seeing as Bex has flown the coop, I'm in charge of home decor, according to Elijah. He called me."

The hybrid smiles sweetly, a look only she receives from him, minus his growing child, making the witch scowl then pipe in. "I agree with your brother and...her," She sneers, making Rieka roll her eyes at her obvious hate for her and love for the Mikaelson. "It's a new era in the French Quarter. This place could use a makeover."

They all make it down the stairs then Javen grabs Elijah and Klaus's shoulders as he talks. "Careful, Elijah, Nik, when this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something."

"Why else would she willingly hang out with you, Jav," Rieka smiles innocently at the Bellissima. She puts an arm on Elijah and Javen's shoulders with a smile, something joyful coursing throughout her body today. Maybe it's being around her mate after so long, but she feels better.

Morning sickness, which should be gone, sucks when you have nobody to comfort you.

Genevieve bitter laughs, knowing she just wants Klaus. "Actually...." She trails as she walks in front of them. "I do have a request."

"Jesus, really," Rieka mutters as Javen and Klaus go to the liquor cabinet and open a bottle. Having heard her, the pair laugh under their breath.

She continues talking to the noble original. "I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new piece, I'd like that to change."