Chapter Thirteen

Klaus was painting away in his study when he smelt Genevieve enter by her cheap scented perfume, so he frustratedly sighs and continues painting his fiance. "What," He grits his teeth together.

He feels her hand on his back as she brushes her fingertips acrosses it. "I just wanted to see you, Nik. You seem tense and lonely."

"Sod off, witch."

"Well, what your girl doesn't know won't hurt 'er, right," Genevieve smirks and vines her arms around to touch his front, he turns around and grabs her throat, and lifts her off the ground as she chokes

He scoffs a laugh. "My girl and I are in a quarrel, she will return to be my fiance soon enough. Now, leave me."

Elijah, who saunters in, holds up a heel. "I believe you are here for Javen, who is not harboring a fiancè, not Niklaus. Go find him or get out."

She grabs her heels, which she left at the door, and leaves to find Javen. "You do recall this...woman tortured our sister?"

"She also revealed the truth about our sister's treachery."

Elijah scowls, angered by his brother's actions towards Rieka and Rebekah mere weeks ago. "And as a consequence, Rebekah is are gone forever. Rieka was also chased off by it."

"A desire which Rebekah apparently harbored for quite some time! Do not speak to me about Rieka, she will come home," Klaus raged at his older brother.

"Niklaus, it has been a month," Elijah raised his voice. "Now Javen and I feel Rebekah's loss as deeply as you, as do we for Rieka, but you must stop distracting yourself with this ridiculous behavior," He waves at the torn yet painted canvases. "And channel it into some kind of action."

"Why must I, exactly," Klaus queries as he grabs material for painting.

Elijah begins. "Because of the course of Marcel's tenure, the city grew accustomed to having a king. You want this throne," He speaks slowly. "Now you must accept the responsibility that accompanies that."

"Apologies," Klaus states, almost in a whisper

"Apologies," Klaus states, almost in a whisper. "But I'm rather ensconced in other pursuits," He waves a hand at the work-in-process portrait of his mate.