Chapter Nine

Rieka, knowing about the festivities tonight, was in a spare room with an extra dress trying them on

Rieka, knowing about the festivities tonight, was in a spare room with an extra dress trying them on. She had on a white dress with a gorgeous, button seam and she was admiring her freshly popped bump. She smiles at the memory of her mate's reaction and how it made her happy to know he loved them. She got insecure sometimes, but never mentioned it. She was used to belittling herself and from Kelly Donovan.

Klaus walks by the doorway with a gentle smile that's reserved for her, their child, sometimes Rebekah, only. He doubles back to see her trying to zip said dress. He leans on the door's frame with a small smile, she doesn't notice him, even with her magic and wolf senses, as she's reaching around her body.

"Would you favor some assistance, little wolf," He pipes up, she looks up through the mirror to see him in a usual Henley, which she made a mental note to steal later seeing as she enjoys his scent to wrap around her, black jeans, boots, a leather jacket, his curl hair, and a smile.

"Fair warning, you might have to use all of your hybrid strength," The wolf tells shyly as she looks into his eyes, through her dark lashes, and a smile. Klaus smiles wider and saunters behind her.

He grabs the back of the said dress. "Allow me, my love," He zips it up slowly as he runs his fingers up her back, expelling a shiver to run up her spine. She leans into his warm body as he buttons it.

"Thank you, Nik," She beams lowly. "Not too many pregnant casket girls, I guess."

He rests his head in the crook of her neck as he wraps his arms around her waist, rubbing her stomach as he pecks her cheek and whispers in her ear. "I think you look ravishing, only I would..." He trails as he covers the deep v-line.

"I know, keep the people from seeing my coin slot," She jests but he glares at her, she glares back.

He hugs her tighter as he shrugs. "Well, I don't suspect any of the riffraff here-," He gestures around when he moves his arm, which she puts back earning a laugh from the male. "-Would lay a fingernail on you after seeing our... display of violence toward their brethren or the fact that I would tear out their eyeballs and eat them like olives from my fingers if they so much as look at you sourly. Still, should not take any chances, my love."

She turns to the side to show her bump more. "All knocked up and nowhere to go," She jests as she looks into his eyes, he walks in front of her with a grin.

"How would you like to attend the festivities with me? Music, art, drinks, but, most importantly, food, also me as your date?"