Chapter 14 - Realisation

Sienna POV

Sara and I went to the dining room. Everyone was sitting there, engaging in their own conversations. Enzo, em and Al were talking in hushed tones about something serious. Ang And Ax were laughing at something on their phones. Luca and leonardo were arguing with each other. Dad was talking to Mariana and Ricardo. Teo and the girls were engaged in their own shit.

I took a seat between Sara and Teo. Once everyone noticed our presence, they stopped talking. Dad stood up from his seat and raised his wine glass.

" Let's make a toast. Love and loyalty binds us together. To family " he said before everyone repeated that with their wine glasses in the air. 

Unfortunately, the twins, teo, sara and  I couldn't drink so we just had apple juice in our glasses. Food was being passed around as we all put some on our plates. There was Pasta, lasagna, salad and a whole bunch of other shit.

" So, sienna, How have you been settling down so far? " Ricardo asked.

" It's good.. for the most part. I mean I expected jail time from the street race but somehow I ended up with 7 brothers and a father " I laughed. Everyone chuckled except for dad and enzo.

" Oh yeah, Rose. Thank you for reminding me. We need to talk about the illegal street race thing tomorrow " Enzo said sternly.

Fuck. My stupid big ass mouth.

" The cops mentioned that you went missing for two years. What happened then? " Mariana asked, genuinely.

Fuck. I never really told my brothers that yet. Shit I don't wanna ruin the mood for everyone.

I panicked and nervously laughed. I need to find a way out of this. Everyone was now staring at me for answer. That's when I remembered. Carlos. I immediately looked at him. His eyes were already on mine so I did the first thing that came to my mind.

" MEATBALLS " I yelled.

 Everyone looked at me like I had 2 heads, but Los got the message.

" Y'know when you were a baby you always used to spit your food on Luca. Just him. No one else. " Carlos laughed. Thank god for him.

Luca groaned at the memory making everyone burst out laughing. Al told me how I always giggled whenever Luca cried or got mad.

" Damn bro. Is that why you hate me so much? " I asked him.

" The hatred started ever since you spit your banana into my ear " Luca shuddered at the memory.

We all chuckled and ate before I remembered something. The mafia and the gang shit. I knew that there was no way my family wasn't in either one of them so I decided to test them.

" You guys never told me about what you do for a living. I mean I know Em's a doctor but i don't know about the rest of you. " I said, internally smirking.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, including Sara visibly stiffened. Were the Lopez family apart of the gang too?

" uh yea so uhm our family owns many restaurants and hotels worldwide. The Lopez and the Grey family are also apart of it. " Enzo explained, with an emotionless face. 

So the grey and the lopez family are apart of the mafia or gang. This seemed too large to be a small-sized gang so they must be in a mafia. I tried to recall some of the names ryd mentioned to be but i couldn't remember any.

" So what are the guards and security for? " I prodded even further.

" We're extremely rich so people usually try to rob us and stuff so we keep them just in case " dad explained.

That's when I remembered something Ryd made me memorise a little over a year ago.

" Mafia is a process, not a thing. Mafia is a form of clan-cooperation to which it's individual members pledge life-long loyalty. Friendships, connections, family ties, trust, loyalty and obedience. This was the glue that held us all together." I slowly said.

Everyone's eyes widened at my words as they stood up from their chairs. I continued.

" Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family...." I slowly recalled what ryder said before my eyes became the size of saucer pans. I finally looked up and met enzo's eyes.

" The famous words of the great Italian Mafia Don, Lorenzo Armani Russo. " 

I heard gasps arounds the room when I finished saying that. I left them speechless. I finally figured it out. I was right this whole time! They are apart of the Italian Mafia. 

" The tragedy of life is in what dies inside a man while he lives " I finally said, meeting the eyes of Alejandro.

" The words of the Spanish Don, Alejandro Lopez, before he commenced the 2016 Paris massacre "

Venom broke through her cage. I felt her rise and take control of my body. I smirked as I made my hand look like a gun. I pointed it to them as I recited their words.

" Let the games begin " I devilishly smirked as I shot my finger gun at them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay that was a whole ass rollercoaster. The last part was so badass of sienna. What do you think should happen in the next chapter? Let venom unleash hell or let sienna take control of her body?

~author