Chapter 43 - Mother Dearest.

Lorenzo's POV:

" Show me the body " I commanded.

One of my men removed the blood-stained sheet from the dead body. I crouched to take a closer look at the corpse. A hole right between his eyes, definitely the work of sniper. Now the only question that is unanswered is who did this?

I took my handkerchief and pressed it against my nose to block out the smell. I put some gloves around my hands and decided to inspect the body for any marks. I looked at the back of his shoulder blade and surprise surprise, i found a mark.

An axe with a skull. This can only mean one thing...

" Mark of the Russians " I said in a bewildered tone and looked at my men.

" Set up a meeting with vladmir. " I commanded before I left the room with clenched fists.

Why did he kill Rosy's target? Our background check on the target ensured that only one mafia was behind him and that was my mafia.

" Don, Vladmir is waiting for you in the conference call " My men informed me and lead me to the conference room.

The second I saw Vladmir's smug face through the computer, I instantly clenched my jaw. He looked incredibly amused as he looked at me. I looked back at my men and signalled for them to leave. That's when Dad walked into the room. He closed the door and we took a seat.

" Why did you kill Sean Smith? " I growled.

" Nice to meet you too, Lorenzo " He cheekily said.

" Get to the fucking point! " Dad banged his fist on the table, creating a dent.

" Fine fine, don't get your undies in a twist " He chuckled with a heavy russian accent.

Dad and I glared at him.

" I did it because it benefits me. " He simply said.

" And how does it benefit you? " I asked.

" That would be none of your business " He shortly said before he ended the call.

I slammed the laptop shut and rubbed my face with my hands. Dad put a hand on my shoulder and sighed.

" We can find another target for Rosa, okay? " He coaxed and patted my back.

--------------

Sienna's POV:

" We can find another target for Rosa, okay? " I heard dad say.

No you won't.

I was currently eavesdropping on dad and enzo's call with Chad. I heard most of their conversation but whatever he said didn't help me. I stealthily ran away from the door when I heard dad's footsteps.

I was so focused on running away that I clashed into a hard chest. I fell down on my butt and groaned. I looked up and saw Luca and Angelo looking at me with an amused face. Ang reached a hand out to me. I muttered a few profanities and grabbed his hand. He pulled me up with so much power that I crashed into his chest again, making him stumble back.

" Jesus, relax would you? " I groaned as Luca steadied both of us.

" So, who were you running from? " Luca asked with his eyebrows raised.

" No one " I simply said.

Luca arched his neck forward and looked at something behind me. He pulled back and smirked at me. He held my shoulders and turned me around. I saw Dad and Enzo right in front of me, looking at me with a disapproving look.