Chapter 21 - penthouse

Sienna's POV:

Rio walked me to his car and opened the door for me. He started driving to god knows where. I looked at the tiny clock in his car. 4.27am. Wow, it's been that long huh. We sat in comfortable silence. 

I knew he was trying not to pry information about what happened from me. He kept glancing at me through the mirror with concern in his eyes. I decided to start a conversation to get his mind off of it.

" Sooo, where are we going? " I asked.

" Are you hungry? " he asked instead.

" No, not really " i told him.

" Ok then. We'll go to mcdonalds and pick up some breakfast for later, then we can go to my penthouse and you can stay there with me " He smiled as he put one hand on my thigh.

My stomach erupted in butterflies and my face went bright red. He chuckled at my reaction before he started to draw circles on my thigh with his thumb. 

THINK DEAD BODIES. DEAD KITTENS. DEAD DOGS. STOP BLUSHING LIV.

" Penthouse? How did you even earn that much money to own one? " I asked, trying not to blush.

" Well, Luca told me you know about the mafia so there's no point lying now. I earn most of my mosome ney through missions. I'm an assassin for your mafia so it pays well. I also earn a lot from my fights and races " He explained.

He went through the Mcdonalds drive through and ordered what I wanted and paid.

" We HAVE to race each other. Maybe I can finally destroy your sky-high ego " I smirked at him.

Rio smirked back as he slowly moved his hand from the top of my thigh to my inner thighs. My stupid face won't stop betraying me I swear. I smiled as I looked out the window, letting sleep consume me.

----------------

Rio's POV:

When Sara called me and told me what happened, my heart shattered into a million pieces. I quickly ran out of my house and sped to the Lopez house, not caring that it was the middle of the night .Who made her cry so bad? I clenched my fist at the thought of someone upsetting my Sia.

When I saw her, I felt like someone had repeatedly stabbed my heart. She doesn't deserve anything bad to happen to her. I can see she doesn't want me to know what happened, so i gave her some space. 

The way she blushed when I touched her thigh made my heart race a million miles per hour. When we reached my penthouse, I saw that she fell asleep. So, I carried her to my penthouse, memorising the features on her face.

Her long lashes, perfectly tanned face, light freckles that looked like they were perfectly painted on her face, the light tint of pink on her cheeks. I'm falling. I'm falling hard.

I took a picture of her cute little face before opening the door to my place. She started to stir in her sleep and slowly opened her beautiful piercing blue eyes. She looked confused for a second before looking at my face and relaxing. 

I carried her to my bed and placed her on my side of the bed because it's way more comfier than the other side. Don't ask. She smiled at me before getting comfortable under the covers. I saw that she fell asleep again. So, I took a pillow and spare blanket and walked to my living room.

I laid down on the couch. I tried to sleep but I just couldn't do it. Ever since my first assassination job, I haven't been able to properly sleep. The first time I killed someone was 2 years ago. I've had insomnia ever since.

I quickly got lost in my thoughts before I heard a certain pair of feet shuffling to me. When I saw who it was, I chuckled, quickly taking a picture. Sia was wrapped up in a blanket like a burrito. So cute.

" Why didn't you sleep next to me? " Sia frowned slightly, making her look like an angry teddy bear.

" I wasn't sure if you wanted to be left alone or not " I said, while she crouched down to my height because I was still laying down.

" Idiota " She whispered before pressing her lips against mine.

I immediately kissed her back with the same intensity. I grabbed her and flipped her under me as I hovered over her. She let out a tiny gasp and I quickly slipped my tongue into her mouth.

I explored her mouth and sucked on her tongue. We both pulled away for air, breathing heavily. She smiled at me before reaching for my pants but I quickly stopped her.

" You're still upset. Not right now. Get some sleep " I softly told her as I kissed her forehead. I laid back down on the couch and pulled her close to me. Her head was on my bare chest as she traced my tattoos. I tightly wrapped my arm around her waist. Using my other hand, i ran my fingers through her hair. Soon enough, we both drifted into deep sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omg I'm going to cry. Rio is so cute. *internally screams* If only fictional characters existed in the real world.

Did you like Rio's POV? Do you guys want a background story of Rio from his perspective?

~ author ;)))