Chapter Fifteen: The Making of the Mark! Reborn's Investigation Gets Deeper!

Lambo was up in the crow's nest, taking a much needed and deserved nap. The entire night, Lambo took watch and stayed up practicing with his weapon. He's making good progress after just one night of self-teaching.

He is at least good enough to not hit himself or his allies in the midst of the battle, although he's still not proficient enough to be considered a threat. But that's okay, that was only one night, he just has to continue practicing every night if he wants to get stronger.

Not to mention he couldn't go to sleep below deck with the other guys if he wanted to, Nami got her own room since she was a girl, Luffy snores make it really difficult to sleep. He's not used to it being very noisy at night.

Hell, he's not used to it being very noisy or chaotic throughout the day. It only gets loud whenever Gokudera and Hibari get into fights. But ever since Tsuna placed Reborn in charge of their punishments, fights within the manor decreased rapidly.

Didn't mean they didn't happen; they just went to places where there would be the least collateral damage.

Lambo was just about to fully succumb to sleep when a familiar loud and childish voice startled him awake.

"I Finished!!"

The young teen decided to go down to the deck to see what Luffy is so excited over now. Nimbly climbing down the rope ladders, only to be met with the sight of Luffy holding up a black flag with a poorly drawn Jolly Rodger.

"Luffy, what the heck is that?", Lambo deadpanned at the, supposedly, older boy.

"Look it's our pirate mark.", Luffy giggles, "Now that Usopp joined we have five people, that's almost a whole crew! I think it's about time we got our own flag!"

"... Luffy? Is that really going to be our mark?", Zoro asked, making the closest expression to horror that Lambo has ever seen on the swordsman.

"What do you think? Nice huh?", Luffy asked, smiling proudly at his work.

"Our mark should be scary." Zoro comments apprehensively, "It should strike fear into our enemies' hearts.

"If our enemies were terrified infants, then this would be perfect.", Nami said sarcastically.

"The design itself is fine, Buggy's was really no better, but I think someone else should paint the mark instead of our brainless captain.", Lambo reports his opinions on the flag dryly.

Usopp tsked the group as if a mother would, waving his finger in the air as he shook his head.

"You guys should've really told me about this.", Usopp chastised, almost mockingly, "Maybe you didn't know this about me, but I am an artist."

He is?

"Does that mean you draw?", Luffy asked in awe.

What? Is this seriously the guy that Lambo is going to sail the seas with?

"When it comes to painting, I'm in a league of my own!", Usopp proudly bragged, "I've been drawing graffiti for fifty years straight!"

No one would fall fo-.

"Woah fifty years?", Luffy asked in awe.

Lambo mentally face palmed, of course Luffy would believe him.

"That would mean he is an old man by now.", Zoro teases the long-nosed teen, playing along with Luffy's childishness.

"Which would give him five or six grandchildren and I don't see that.", Nami plays along as well.