Chapter Twenty-One: Sanji vs. The Invincible Pearl! Lambo's New Weapon!

Everything was silent, the only sound was the waves splashing against both boats as the chefs of the Baratie, along with Luffy and Lambo, stood in front of the restaurant, ready to defend it with their lives. While several feet across the water, standing on the floating wreckage of their flag ship stood Don Creed and his crew, ready to attack at any moment.

Lambo could feel his adrenaline begin to fill his body, his Dying Will Flames begged to be released. But he pushed them down, they'd be great as a surprise attack later on if needed. But for now, Lambo wanted to try a different strategy.

"Alright! So they want to fight too huh?", Luffy exclaims as he hung upside down on the railing, a hand on his hat to keep it from falling into the sea.

Lambo just smiled at his captain's antics.

"Looks like it.", he agreed.

Luffy sat upright, clutching on to the railing so he could stay firmly in place, smile unwavering as he faced Zeff.

"Okay pops, you promise me, remember?", Luffy said casually, his grin never leaving, "If I run those pirates off, my debt to you is clear. No more chores."

"That's the deal.", Zeff agreed, "There's no telling how much of my restaurant you'd screw up if you sticked around."

Well.... he wasn't wrong. Luffy did wrecked a little of Going Merry when he fought Johnny just days after getting her.

"Shishishi, yeah.", Luffy smiled agreeing.

At least Luffy seems to know it too. Lambo sweat dropped at Luffy's bluntness, but still shook his head with a small amused smile.

It wouldn't be Luffy otherwise.

"So kid, you said you were going to be King of the Pirates, were you serious?", Zeff asks curiously.

"Well yeah, of course.", Luffy replied, as if how could he not be, "I'm definitely going to be King of the Pirates someday."

Zeff smirked, "I've seen a whole lot of pirates in my day, but you're the first to state your desire so clearly and without a doubt."

"I heard, that back in the day, you were a pretty awesome pirate yourself.", Luffy said casually, "So did you want to be King of the Pirates to?"

Zeff hummed gruffly, "I do my best to forget about the past, I'm the owner of Baratie and that is quite enough for me."

Lambo stared at Zeff before his eyes trailed over to Sanji who had his back turned to them. Something told Lambo that Sanji knew how Zeff lost his leg.

"Men!"

Forgetting about Sanji, Lambo turned to see Don Creed pointing straight at them.

"If we can capture that ship, then the Grand Line would be ours for the taking.", Creed declared, "No more pretending to be Marines, or raising the white flag of surrender. None of our enemies would suspect that we're a threat with a ship like that. In that boat it will always be a sneak attack."

Lambo glared at them all, his hand resting inside the bag at his back, he wants to see them come and try. He, Luffy, Sanji, and every other cook aboard would never let Creed and his crew get their hands on the Baratie. Not if any of them have a say about it.

It looks like one of Don's pirates said something Creed didn't like, because, all of the sudden, he shot his crewmember, and he fell into the sea. Much to the horrified looks and gasps from the rest of the crew.

Don Creed is a horrible Captain not to mention a God-awful person.

"I really appreciate the input sailor, anything else?", Creed says dryly, holding his gun at his men threatenly,"Huh!?"