Chapter Thirty-One: Return to Vongola! The Tenth and Guardian Reunion!

Lambo has never felt as much dread as he does now as Reborn's ship slowly approaches Vongola Manor. It's shadow slowly falling over the boat, engulfing the entire craft as Reborn docked the ship on Vongola's personal docks, skillfully tying the ship before roughly pulling Lambo out of the ship and on to the docks with Reborn by the arm.

The teen is just lucky that Reborn didn't grab him by his already injured arm. He hadn't told the Arcobaleno of his new injuries and scars Lambo has received while he was away for a couple of reasons.

The two main ones are that Lambo didn't want to twist his stories into a negative light, they are one of his best memories he won't let Reborn twist them into something bad, and mostly because he didn't feel like it.

Lambo didn't feel like talking in general.

Reborn shoved Lambo forward, silently telling the teen to walk. Lambo sighs heavily, but did as he was told.

It was only a small relief for the boy when he finally looked up from the ground to see, standing at the end of the docks, arms crossed and patiently waiting, stood Hibari.

When they approached the Cloud guardian, Reborn grabbed Lambo's shoulder, this time it was his injured one, causing the boy to let out an involuntary hiss of pain as Reborn steered him. Making them to move past Hibari.

But the Skylark didn't let him.

"He's injured.", Hibari told Reborn stonily, "I'll take him to Shamal."

"Tsuna needs to know the stupid cow his back.", Reborn retorts coldly.

"He will.", Hibari shoots back without missing a beat, "You will tell him and then take Tsuna to Shamal so he can see him. While you do that, I'll take him to Shamal."

This time, Hibari didn't wait for Reborn to retort or protest, in his own way. Instead, he gently placed his hand on Lambo's uninjured shoulder, gently, but firmly, taking him away from Reborn and led him the rest of the way to the manor.

Lambo immediately relaxed at the change in company, but it didn't last long. The mere sight of Vongola manor caused the teen to tense up once again. Fearful and questioning thoughts running in circles inside his head. Not at all helpful, only causing poor Lambo to become almost sick from the worry and anxiety his thoughts are creating.

Hibari is well aware of this. Unlike what the other's think, the Cloud Guardian knows the Lightning Guardian the best out of everyone in the island.

"It's just been over a week, and I can already tell you've gotten stronger.", Hibari comments lightly, high praise coming from him.

Lambo couldn't believe his ears.

"Really?", he asked in surprise.

A small smirk appeared on Hibari's lips as he leaned down to whisper in Lambo's ear.

"Got any new scars?"

Lambo couldn't help but smile gratefully, realizing exactly what Hibari is doing. He nodded happily.

"Proud of them?"

Lambo didn't even need to think twice over his next answer.

"Hell yes."

Hibari nodded satisfied as they approached the large double doors that lead to the front entrance/ballroom.

"Good. Can't wait to see them Omnivore.", Hibari stated.

Lambo felt warmth run through his chest. He could clearly hear the pride in Hibari's voice while he spoke to Lambo. It brought a small smile to the miserable teen's face.