Chapter Thirty Five

As the plane landed everyone woke up, ready to go have fun, or maybe just sleep some more, depending on who we’re talking about here. I stood up and Niall kissed my cheek,

            “It’ll be alright, don’t worry.” he smiled as we all walked down the narrow aisle of the plane and through the hall to the airport.  Paul and Preston were standing against the wall waiting for all us, smiling. I hadn’t met them before, but I knew who they were from pictures and videos.

           “It’s nice to meet you, Skyler.” Paul smiled at me as well as Preston and they nodded at each other and opened the door. We walked out into the airport, business men and couples with small children walking by every which way. I knew once we got past here and into baggage claim where the exit was it would be crazy, but I was mostly ready for it. Niall reached over grabbing my hand and squeezing it tight, but let go once we were getting closer. I heard the girls scream as they got the first glimpse of these boys that they cherish oh so much. They spend their lives on them, crying over pictures and wishing they could just meet them, just once; I would know, I used to be them. Niall looked at me as he slowly gave me a sympathetic smile before making his way to the other side of our group, not standing next to me anymore. I honestly thought we got past the whole I don’t want people to know thing, but I suppose not. We girls stood there in the middle of the chaos, watching the boys take a few pictures and sign a few autographs before Paul and Preston escorted us out and into a big black van, the boys’ right behind us.

            “Well that was fun.” Niall chuckled while sitting down in the back of the van next to me. I wasn’t going to say anything about it, because I mean we had been over it before and I understood mostly, I guess. I was honestly just hoping it wouldn’t be like that forever.

            “So many flashing lights.” I sighed, leaning back more in my seat and they all laughed,

            “I’m blind.” Allison added rubbing her eyes,

            “You’ll get used to it, promise.” Liam turned around and smiled reassuringly as I nodded, I guess all we really ever have is hope. It was a short drive to the hotel and it was right by the water, it looked so beautiful at night. There were about fifteen girls waiting outside the hotel, not nearly as many as at the airport. I still haven’t figured out how they find out where they’re staying and when. Paul opened the door and I doubt there was much they were going to have to do, I think we were pretty safe without them.

            “Just go in, we’ll be there in a minute.”  Niall told me before we all got out, and I did as he said. Allison, Danielle and Eleanor all came with me, waiting for them at the front doors. After a couple minutes the boys walked in, their suitcases in hand, and I saw Preston had mine,

            “Preston, I can get mine if you want!” I called to him but he shook his head,

            “No, no it’s fine.” He insisted,

            “I love you already.” I told him as he laughed,

            “Shucks.” He smiled down at me as we all made our way to the front desk.

            “Welcome to the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel, I already have your keys ready for you.” An older woman with blonde, almost white hair smiled at us all, handing Paul our keys. I grabbed my luggage from Preston and he smiled sweetly, I mouthed thanks as I listened to Paul talk to us,

            “Who is sleeping where? You guys have rooms 542-547 assuming the girlfriends are sleeping with you guys.” he asked as Niall reached for a key, not giving me any time to disagree or say anything at all,