Chapter Four

“Good morning, Skyler.” My grandma smiled as I walked into the kitchen, taking a seat at the island, I looked over at the clock and it was about ten in the morning.

            “Good morning,” I sighed.

            “Are you okay?” she asked while pouring me a glass of chocolate milk.

            “I guess.” I sighed once again.

            “I know, you don’t like that boy, it was quite obvious last night.” She gave me a warm smile.

            “He’s just…” I started, trying to find the right word to use around my grandma, “an idiot.” I told her. Although, it really shouldn’t matter, I think she cusses more than me, and doesn’t care much.

            “I noticed, he seems like quite the pleaser to be around,” she joked.

            “Oh yes, definitely.” I giggled while taking a spoon full of the cereal she placed in front of me. Soon enough, everyone was crowded downstairs in the kitchen and dining room eating breakfast.

            “Morning, Sky.” Daniel smiled.

            “Uh, goodmorning Danny.” I smiled awkwardly back. Everyone was downstairs now, everyone except Niall, and trust me; you have no idea how thankful I was for that.

            “Let’s just hope he sleeps all day,” My grandma whispered in my ear as if she knew what I was thinking and I let out a light laugh.

            “You’re tellin’ me, grandma.” I laughed and so did Juliet who was sitting next to me sleepily. I got up and poured the rest of my milk down the drain and placed my bowl in the sink, someone else would clean it, or I would later. I turn around, and who else other than Niall Horan has taken my seat, still in his pajamas and bed-head. I looked closely as he attempted to flirt with Juliet.

            “Will you just go away?” she asked annoyed. I walked over to them and stared him down, narrowing my eyes.

            “I was sitting there, and I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to flirt with my best friend.” I told him crossing my arms.

            “Why, you jealous?” he giggled.

            “Jealous of what; what girl in their right mind would want a douchebag like you to flirt with them?” I asked seriously. “Let alone even be in the same room as them, or the chair next to them,” I added.

            “Let’s see, only about five million,” he said matter-of-factly.

            “Well if they knew the real Niall Horan that number would lower by…let’s see…five million,” I told him angrily and Juliet laughed.

            “Whatever,” he mumbled before getting up out of the chair sleepily and walking away to find Daniel probably. I sat back down in my chair and looked over at Juliet who was trying her best not to laugh at his defeat, when my grandma on the other hand, couldn’t hold in her laughter whatsoever.

            That’s something I love about my grandmother, how she doesn’t care what people think about her. She is one of the most carefree people I have ever met in my entire life. I swore sometimes we shared the same brain. We would say things at the same time, laugh about everything, all in all we just got along very well. My dad didn’t really understand our relationship, but I don’t think anyone did.