Final Chapter

I walked up the driveway to my house after my night at Allison’s. It was quite dark outside; I waited till late as possible to go home. I was nervous to go back, not knowing what I might find. I didn’t preferably want to go back, but I had to pack all of my stuff. The realization that we were going home tomorrow hit me like a brick. My heart raced as my hand reached for the doorknob, slowly walking in and shutting the door quietly. The last thing I wanted was for people to know I was here. I made my way into my bedroom and pulled my big suitcase from out under my bed. I began throwing all my clothes in it, not really caring much to if they were neatly folded. Truth be told I wanted to talk to Niall, I just didn’t know what I wanted to say. Yesterday was really emotional, maybe we could rethink things; maybe I was wrong.

            “Sky?” the door opened and I turned to see Liam walk into my bedroom.

            “Hey.” My voice was quiet; I wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone today really.

            “How are you feeling?” I sat on my bed next to my suitcase and looked up at him, my eyes being the only answer he needed.

            “I’m sorry, dear.” He shoved his hands into his pockets as he shifted his weight uncomfortably. I knew he wanted to help, he just didn’t exactly know how. He walked over to my closet and began handing me clothes,

            “Thanks.” I weakly smiled up at him as he shrugged,

            “It’s fine. I know this probably is going to be hard for you, going home tomorrow I mean.” He handed me another shirt and let out a deep sigh.

            “Yeah, I don’t want to leave everyone.” I sat down on the bed as Liam came and sat next to me. “Where is everyone anyways?” I questioned. The house was abnormally quiet, meaning something had to be up.

            “Harry and Zayn went to the store, Louis went down to the beach.” His eyes wandered from mine.

            “Where is Niall?” my voice was quiet, I didn’t want to ask but it just came out. Liam’s eyes wouldn’t meet mine still. If there was an award for obvious subject avoiding he would win.

            “Please don’t ask me that.” He shook his head. Thoughts circled my mind as the words came out of his mouth; thoughts that I definitely could have gone without.

            “Tell me.” my pleading eyes looked into his as his mouth opened to speak,

“Well he went out.” the emphasis he put on the word out was troubling, implying all I needed to know. All that I didn’t want to know.

“With a girl?” my voice was shaky as I couldn’t control the words coming out of my mouth. I regretted asking as soon as Liam’s head nodded in response. His lips curled down into a frown as his hand found my knee in an attempt to make me feel better about his answer.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t lie to you.” the pain in his voice was obvious. Liam never wanted to hurt anyone, but he couldn’t lie to save his life. “He’s an idiot sometimes. He is just trying to forget.”

“It’s been a day, Liam.” It had been one day, and Niall was already attempting to move on with another girl. Liam gave me a weak smile, practically forcing it upon himself. He stood up and walked to my door but turned around once more,

“It’ll be alright.” He smiled once more, a less forced one, before walking out. I lied back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I know yesterday wasn’t exactly the greatest, but another girl already? What we had together wasn’t perfect, but it still meant a lot to me. My arm lifted up to cover my eyes as I let out a sigh of aggravation, almost coming out as a scream. I felt betrayed, no matter how stupid that sounded. It’s like it meant nothing to him at all. How can someone care about someone so much, and the next day not care one bit. I just didn’t understand it.