Chapter Twelve

“Niall, you already know I’m going to win, why are you even trying anymore?” I asked him while letting out a little giggle. It was our last day being grounded fortunately, no one knows how much I’ve missed the outdoors and the beach especially. I laughed as Niall tried to beat me in Mortal Kombat on Nintendo 64, but it wasn’t happening, just like it hasn’t for the past three days.

            “Third day is the charm.” He laughed as my final player killed him off and I raised my hands up in a dramatic motion.

            “Who is the winner?!” I shouted while standing up and dancing around in a circle as Niall just smiled up at me.

            “You’re a really bad friend,” he pouted as my dad interrupted,

            “I could’ve told you that. Although stay friends, I don’t prefer black eyes.” My dad laughed at his stupid joke, and I couldn’t help but laugh a little, too.

            “You know guys, I’m pretty sure playing video games aren’t on the list of things to do while being grounded.” He smirked and I just shrugged.

            “But dad,” I let out a laugh because I wasn’t even the one calling my father ‘dad’, Niall was. “We’ve been grounded so long.” he whined and my dad shook his head,

            “How old are you Niall, and you’re whining like that?” my dad laughed while coming over and sitting down on the couch.

            “Leave me alone,” Niall complained as I shook my head and laughed.

            “I was planning on letting you guys off today, but since you want me to leave you alone,” My dad trailed off grinning at both of us as we both stood up.

            “No, no you can bother me all you want!” Niall yelled at him as my dad laughed and nodded. Wafting his hand towards the door for us to go, finally free.

            “Harry!” Niall yelled through the hall as loud as he could, patiently waiting for Harry to come down and hear what was going on.

            “Whoa, Wyatt, calm down!” I yelled after him who was chasing hastily after little Evan down the side hall. The kids have been around more, and I usually don’t mind it, but we can all only handle so many kids and kids’ games.

            “Ha! Gotcha!” Niall yelled to Thomas as he ran by us, Niall picking him up over his head upside down.  “Watcha gonna do about it?” he asked him as Thomas laughed and squirmed around violently, almost kicking me in the head.

            “Hey be careful little buddy, don’t want to kick Sky, she’s too pretty for that.” He winked over at me and smiled and I just laughed and brushed it off.

            “Put me down Niall!” Tom giggled uncontrollably as Niall shook him around a little.

            “Get him Sky!” Niall shouted at me as I reached my arms out slowly at Thomas, the look of pure joy and fear in his eyes made me laugh as I reached him and began tickling him everywhere as he giggled loudly.

            “You guys aren’t killing him are you?” Nicole, his mother, asked while walking into the room smiling at us.

            “No!” we both shouted simultaneously as Nicole just shrugged and walked off to wherever she was going. Harry finally walked downstairs and looked at us questionably as Niall was holding Thomas still upside down over his shoulder. Harry reached up slowly grabbing Thomas from Niall and setting him on the ground,