Chapter Fifteen

I opened my eyes to the light that wasn’t covered by the curtains seeping through into the bedroom, making me squint my eyes a little until they focused more. I looked down and saw Niall’s arms still wrapped around me gently, exactly where they were when we had fallen asleep, I don’t remember much, I wasn’t even sure if when I woke he would be there, because my mind kept telling me it was a dream. I turned over cautiously and replaced my head back on the pillow so I could look at him and see if he was still sleeping, which he was. I examined Niall closely as he lay next to me, peaceful as can be; he seemed so innocent, so vulnerable. I listened to him snore quietly next to me as he subconsciously pulled me closer to him, causing my heart to flutter in my chest.  His dark blonde hair was sticking up in all directions, making a little giggle escape my mouth. I didn’t move, I just watched as he slept, not wanting to wake him from such a non-ego having, adorable state he was in. I reached up pushing a small piece of blonde hair out of his eyes carefully, but Niall slowly opened his eyes anyways, blinking a few times so they would focus. Before he even said anything a smile appeared on his face, as he slowly rubbed my back with his hand.

“Goodmorning.” He mumbled out sleepily. His morning voice was so deep and husky; attractive is a good word to describe it.

            “Morning.” I smirked at him next to me as his eyes made their way to mine, locking eye contact with me once again making my heart feel weak.

            “How long have you been watching me sleep?” he whispered, not taking his eyes off mine, just slowly reaching his hand up to my arm running his fingers up and down it soothingly.

            “Only a few minutes.” I muttered softly back. Niall scooted a little closer and I could feel his hot breath on my lips, the butterflies in my stomach grew as he began to speak again.

            “Did you sleep well?” he asked sweetly, his voice still low and raspy; his big, sky blue sleepy eyes still staring into my golden brown orbs. I reached my arm over and wrapped it around his waist, like I didn’t want us to move for hours. I liked waking up like this, I liked him being there, and I couldn’t push these thoughts away from my mind, and trust me I wanted to oh so badly. I didn’t want to think about the way his eyes make my heart stop and my whole body go weak, and the way his voice sends chills down my spine, or how he sometimes smiles in his sleep; I didn’t want to think about how with just one look, he could make my mind go crazy.

            “Better than usual,” I mumbled. “I actually thought it was a dream, but I woke up and you were here with your arm around me.” I admitted shyly to him and he let out a light laugh,

            “I wouldn’t rather be anywhere else, now would I?” he whispered and I could feel my cheeks burn red with heat, but I had no hands to cover my face with. “I must have a way with words.” He chuckled.

            “I would say yes, but I don’t think the world has enough room for your ego to get any bigger.” I giggled as I leaned over and kissed his cheek gently, catching him off guard. “I’m just kidding.” I whispered as I watched his cheeks go red for the first time ever as he shook his head lightly.

            “Don’t do that to me.” he mumbled shyly, looking me in the eyes once again, I liked that about him; he liked having eye contact with me when he speaks.

            “I didn’t do anything.” I giggled innocently as he rolled his eyes, “Are you secretly shy?” I teased,

            “You made me go all…” he trailed off wiggling his whole body and making silly sounds.

            “I’m gonna take that as a compliment.” I whispered as he moved closer, once again being able to feel his warm breath on my lips, merely an inch away, his eyes spoke of sincerity, and interest, maybe even confusion. He placed his hand gently on my cheek, brushing a few stray hairs away from my face.