Chapter Thirteen

It had been a couple days since Jay and I had broken up, and I really just kept to myself; sitting in my room alone most of the time, either on tumblr or twitter, talking to random people to keep me busy. It didn’t really hurt at first, but the more the hours went by the more the heavy feeling in my chest increased. I just kept asking myself how he could be that stupid, he should have known I wanted to be with him. But after how long he’d known me, he didn’t trust me, so he obviously wasn’t worth being upset over. I was mostly upset I think because I had lost two best friends in the past week, what was I doing wrong?

            “Hey, you okay?” Niall asked while barging into my room, without even knocking.

            “Do you know what knocking is?” I asked rudely while wiping a few tears away from my face, and looking back to my laptop, reblogging a random picture to keep me busy. My inbox was overflowing with messages of course, but I didn’t ever check them.

            “Sorry.” Niall sighed while sitting down on the end of my bed. “You didn’t answer the question though.”

            “Yeah, Niall, I’m fine.” I told him in an annoyed tone but he just sat there, he didn’t get mad at me, he didn’t do anything, he just sat there.

            “So what are you doin’?” he asked trying to start up a conversation, but I wasn’t really in the mood, and I knew he could tell. Niall wanted to help, but if he wanted to he would just leave me alone. I slowly moved my eyes up from my laptop to him, and back down at my laptop. He climbed onto my bed, crawled up to the top and lied down next to me on his back, placing his arms behind his head looking at the screen, “Tumblr, eh?” he let out a light laugh, “doesn’t surprise me.”

            “What do you mean?” I cocked my head towards him as he just shrugged not really knowing why.

            “You have like a hundred messages, why don’t you check them?” he asked me while motioning for me to click the button.

            “They’re probably all about you, and I really don’t care about them.” I told him rolling my eyes and clicking the button, he began reading messages to me about him while laughing,

            “Do you still hate Niall? When was the last time you saw him? You’re so stupid for hating him oh my god.” he read out in his best fangirl voice, rolling his eyes and sticking his hand out in a ditzy kind of way, making  me obnoxiously laugh right next to him. I once again covered my mouth in embarrassment which only got me to laugh harder.  “I love when you laugh that.” Niall giggled while leaning over and kissing my head softly and returning his eyes to the laptop screen. I don’t know why he always did that, but it seemed to be the most comforting thing in the world to me, but no one knows that.

            “You always do that.” I sighed trying to get rid of any feelings that just occurred momentarily.

            “Do what?” he asked looking over at me, I could see him out of the corner of my eye.

            “Kiss me on the head, and cheeks, and I don’t know.” I sighed once again looking over at him.

            “Why do you like it?” he asked with a questioning look, leaning over quickly and kissing my cheek before I could say no.

            “Shut up. Go somewhere.” I told him as I covered my face shyly and he just laughed.

            “You’re so cute.” He mumbled under his breath just loud enough for me to hear. “Now let me answer that one message I read!” he asked as I just lifted my laptop up and put it on his lap.

            “They’re gonna think it’s me though!” I told him as he held his finger up telling me to hold on. After a minute he let me see what he wrote

            Skyler doesn’t hate me, yes, me, Niall, it’s me. She’s sitting next to me blushing like an idiot because I am her best friend and she would be lost without me and I’m fuckin’ cute. Don’t listen to a word she tells you, she’s a big stupid idiot. – Niall. xx

            “I am not stupid or an idiot!” I yelled before grabbing my laptop back from him.

            “No don’t delete my answer, please!” he pouted, but I refused to look at him so it couldn’t affect me, but he grabbed my chin lightly making me turn my head towards his. His eyes stared into mine as he pouted like a little puppy; I tore my head away from his gaze and sighed. I just pushed enter, and wrote my own message underneath his,

            He is so stupid, most of that is completely wrong. He is beginning to be one of my best friends though and I would probably be lost without him the past week. Now go somewhere loser no one likes you.  :) –Sky. xx

            I wrote it out as Niall smiled at what I typed and clicked publish.

            “I knew you didn’t hate me.” I gasped with a astonished look on his face.

            “I deal with you.” I stuck my tongue out at him jokingly as he hit it with his hand. “ew.” I giggled, “I don’t know where your hand has been.” I joked.

            “Oh be quiet.” He laughed too, obviously finding me as funny as I do.

            “I bet Niall totally just has a crush on you, that’s why he’s such a dickhead to you! haha!” I read out loud to him as he furrowed his eyebrows at the screen while reaching over and stealing my laptop, not letting me see what he was typing. A moment later he gave it back, the message gone. He acted like I couldn’t just go to my blog and see his answer or something. And he says I’m the stupid one.

            He probably does, I am pretty great, and insanely beautiful. It just wouldn’t surprise me at all.

            I looked over at him and rolled my eyes while I could feel the heat in my cheeks rising, “Stoooop.” I complained and he just turned on his side, resting his hand in his head looking up at me,

            “Stop what?” he giggled childishly. He pulled his snapback off and flipped his sandy blonde hair to the side, replacing his snapback on his head backwards. He slowly reached over and slipped his hand over mine, causing my heart to stop completely, it was a usual occurrence. “Tell me, stop what, Skyler?” he teased as he looked directly into my eyes, without blinking. His bright blue eyes enticed me so much, it made me want to know everything about him, it made me want to actually feel something for him, but I knew that wouldn’t happen.

            “Nialllllll.” I whined again desperately for him to stop being him, but he didn’t look away from my eyes at all, he just proceeded to slowly intertwine his fingers into mine, a grin slowly appearing on his face.

            “What? I didn’t do anything, so what do you want me to stop?” He smiled sweetly up at me as I ripped my hand away from his, shutting my laptop and standing up from the bed.

            “Just stop…being cute!” I yelled at him in an angry tone. He sat up in my bed, looking over at me with a mischievous smirk on his face. “What?!” I yelled again at him, as he stood up from my bed.

            “So you think I’m cute?” he giggled like a little school girl, like he didn’t already know, this boy knew he was.

            “Shut up.” I narrowed my eyes at him as he walked over to me, kissed my cheek, and walked out of my room without another word. He always seemed to do that, and I didn’t understand why, he would always just leave.