Chapter Nine

No pool, no beach, no arcade…no nothing I thought to myself as I closed the fridge and opened up my can of Dr. Pepper and sneakily going back to my room. It’s been about six days since the deal we made, and we helped them sneak out twice without any flaws, to go hook up with these two chicks, actually. Everything worked out perfectly, honestly. What’s weird is all four of us have been actually getting along somewhat. So what could go wrong if Juliet and I snuck out you ask? Everything probably…but it was worth a shot I guess, even though tomorrow was our last day being grounded. As Juliet and I slipped on our flip flops we opened our bedroom door for Niall and Harry to come in.

            “Okay so what’s the plan?” I asked them as Niall sat on the edge of my bed. “Get off my bed,” I told him in a monotone voice as he stood up and rolled his eyes.

            “We’ll tell your dad that you’re up in the library, it’s late enough that he’ll believe it, he’s probably tired, alright?” Harry suggested and we nodded.

            “Thanks guys,” I gave them a genuine smile as we all left my room and Jules and I snuck out the back door of the house where no one was. We already knew where Jay and Nathan were waiting for us, so Juliet followed me as we made our way around the huge house and down the street where we found the boys waiting in their open-toped jeep. Jay was sitting in the driver’s seat and Nathan was sitting in the back. I got into the front seat quickly and smirked looking at the jeep. I absolutely loved jeeps, I always have.

            “Hey there!” Jay smiled while leaning over and kissing my cheek.

            “Hey babe,” I smiled and Jay begin driving down the street, I didn’t really know where we were going, but I was just happy to be out of the house for the first time in about a week. Jay turned to me and smiled his award winning smile, “What?” I asked confused.

            “You look amazing.” He told me and then looked back over at the road resting his left elbow on the door frame. It was dark by now, and we were driving into the city. The lights from everything on the boardwalk made everything glow around them, and I thought it was beautiful. We pulled into a parking lot next to the boardwalk and got out of the car. Nathan smiled over at us like a little kid.

            “I’ve never been here, it’s so exciting!” he said nearly skipping to the boardwalk. Juliet just shook her head, jogging to catch up with him. Jay laughed at Nathan and looked around as we began walking. People were rushing by every which way, some noticing Jay, some not. Jay held his hand out for me and I intertwined our fingers together and smiled up at him. People stared but we didn’t care.

            After walking for awhile, Jay and I made our way to the pier and sat on the edge, looking out at the ocean. I smiled over at him and he returned a confused look,

            “I think this is more exciting for me because I’m not supposed to be here.” I told him and he shook his head.

            “I used to feel like that when I was younger, also.” He smiled and placed his hand on mine looking into my eyes, “But I’m glad you decided to come with me tonight.”

            “I’m glad I did also, we always have so much fun together,” I smirked over at him as he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine sweetly for a moment, catching me off guard completely, he then pulled away shyly and gave me an unsure smile.

            “I’ve wanted to do that for awhile…” he trailed off as I blushed.

            “I’ve wanted you to also,” I giggled and pulled him closer kissing him once more, as I broke away from it he smiled big.