Chapter Thirty Eight

I groaned quietly in my sleep as Niall’s lips pressed gently against my left temple. I rolled over, enveloping myself in the blanket as he laughed lightly at me. He scooted closer, his bare chest against me and his hot breath on my neck, sending chills down my spine. He wrapped his arm around me pulling me closer as I smiled sleepily, wigging in his grasp to turn and face him. His lips now brushed against mine as I instinctively snuggled into his chest and he rubbed soothing circles on my hips underneath the covers.

 Last night was one of the better nights Niall and I have spent together, no doubt about it. We stayed up till the early hours of the morning, the sun just beginning to rise in the horizon when we drifted off to sleep. We talked and ate ice cream, laughing about silly stories from our childhood, embarrassing ourselves one way or another. Our stories and laughter making us grow closer than we really had ever been. I admit, I wasn’t good at this whole relationship thing, nor have I ever been. I have never been one to open up and trust another person, not just guys. I felt myself slowly getting used to the fact that I could with Niall, but it was still an odd feeling to me.

“You awake?” Niall’s husky morning voice mumbled into my ear as I nodded against him and kissing his chest lightly, catching him off guard. We weren’t as affectionate as most people who were together, but I was hoping we would be eventually. I think it was because once you become that affectionate, all the walls come down. All the barriers that kept you and the other person apart come tumbling down, and it’s just you and your feelings left. It made us feel vulnerable and neither one of us were used to that feeling when it came to a significant other.

            “Good morning to you, too.” he whispered in a hushed tone while kissing the top of my head.  I lifted my face to see a smiling Niall. His hair was everywhere and his blue eyes looked sluggish. “We didn’t get to sleep much, but you’re supposed to go hangout with the girls this morning.” I sighed heavily as my thoughts flickered to when I agreed to go get my nails done with them. I rolled over onto my back staring up at the ceiling, lifting my hands slowly to rub my eyes. Niall moved onto his side to face me, holding his head up in his hand as he watched me sleepily throw my arms back to the bed in frustration.

            “I’m too tired for this.” I whined as he giggled quietly at my complaint.

            “There’s a Starbucks across the street, I’ll go get you something. Vanilla iced coffee with cream and sugar?” he questioned, but he already knew the answer when I grinned widely at him. Lately I’ve been obsessed with them. I have a favorite for a few months, and then it changes out of nowhere.  “I’ll be back in a minute, maybe even attempt to get dressed when I’m gone.” His eyebrow lifted jokingly and I nodded,

            “I probably wouldn’t put any money on it.” I smiled as he shook his head, walking out of the hotel room. I fell back onto the bed and cuddled my head into the pillow, not wanting to move. I took in a sharp breath before sitting up and throwing my feet over the side. I sat there for a moment and laughed at myself,  it shouldn’t be this difficult just for me to get out of bed. I staggered to the bathroom, brushing my teeth quickly. I heard the hotel room door shut loudly as I turned around to see Niall leaning against the doorway of the bathroom,

            “Well I guess you accomplished something while I was gone.” He laughed while handing me my coffee,

            “Thank you.” I smirked and kissed him softly before walking back into the bedroom, Niall following close behind.

“Mmm, minty.” I sat on the bed and smirked at him. He just gave me a confused look,

            “Are you gonna get dressed?” he questioned as I just shrugged,