Chapter Fourteen

“Sky!” they shouted into my ear as I slowly fluttered my eyes open to see Niall above my bed looking at me, in grey sweatpants and white t-shirt, and his hair still all messed up from sleeping on it. I rolled over dramatically hiding my face in my pillow. “Allison is here, Skyler.” He told me again but I stayed still, hiding under my blanket. “Babe.” he mumbled into my ear softly, “you gotta wake up, it’s around one anyways.” He whispered as I turned over slowly, trying to get rid of the smile on my face.

            “I’m up.” I mumbled as he leaned down, kissed my head, and walked out of my bedroom, shutting the door.

            I slowly got out of bed, pulling at my shorts that were up way too high, down. I took my hair down and brushed it out once again. I put my Gavin DeGraw t-shirt on over my shorts, and walked out of my bedroom.

            “Well, morning!” Alli yelled from the living room couch, where she was sitting with Harry, who had his flirty look on, making me let out a light chuckle. He was obviously trying to get something out of her.

            “Morning!” I smiled over at her and went and sat on the couch to the side of theirs. “What’re you doin here?” I questioned her confused.

            “Don’t I usually just show up?”

            “You know, that is beyond true.” I laughed as I pulled the recliner lever so I was lying back. “So sleepy.” I mumbled and Harry just shook his head,

            “Forever eating or sleeping. You’re like another Niall around the house.” Harry smiled over at me as Niall walked into the room.

            “Yeah without the Irish accent and an ego the size of Canada,” I replied sarcastically looking over at Niall as Allison giggled at my response.

            “She is, isn’t she?” He laughed while sitting down on top of me, squishing me completely. “This seems like a good spot to sit.” He sighed dramatically.

            “You’re fucking heavy, Niall!” I squirmed underneath him trying to get out. I managed to squirm enough to get out, but I was stuck sitting behind him.

            “Sky has been sad, do something about it Alli.” Niall complained looking over at her. “She’s no fun.” he told her as he reached back grabbing my arms and wrapping them around his waist, it made me smile even though I didn’t want to admit it.

            “What’s something you’ve always wanted to do?” Alli asked me as I peaked my head out from behind Niall’s back,

            “Dye my hair lilac.” I told her as I watched her eyes light up and a big smile form on her face.

            “Why don’t we just do it then?” she asked me while standing up from the couch, along with Niall and Harry.

            “Maybe we should.” I smirked.

            “No, you definitely should.” Niall grinned down at me whilst picking up a piece of my hair in his fingers and twirling it around.

            *

            “My dad is going to be so mad.” I told them as I looked into the mirror, at my now long lilac hair.

            “Oh well, he’ll get over it. Well I have to go, that took all day, and it’s getting late.” She started. “Holy shit it’s already 11. I’ll probably be back over tomorrow. I’ll text you Sky.” Allison smiled and waved as she walked out of my bedroom.

            “I’ll walk her out.” Harry winked over at Niall and I, I couldn’t say I didn’t see that coming. He had been flirting with her constantly all day, but I didn’t mind, considering she definitely didn’t.

            “Maybe I should go to bed, maybe I’ll get up at a decent time.” I giggled as Niall stood there staring at me for a moment. “Niall?” I snapped my fingers in front of his face as he shook his head a little.

            “Oh, yeah, right. Sleep well.” He said, he seemed a little rattled up, and deep in thought, but I didn’t ask questions, whatever it was, probably wasn’t my business.

            *

            “Sky?” I heard his voice in my bedroom door, but it was too dark to see, I couldn’t see anything.

            “Hmm?” I wasn’t sure why I was being woken up at, who knows what even time. I picked my phone up and tapped the top button, making the screen light up. 3:25 Am. What was he doing?

            “Uh, can I sleep with you tonight?” he asked shyly, I could barely make out his figure standing there with my phone light on, but I could see his white t-shirt and his hands in his pocket, standing awkwardly in my doorway.

            “What? Why?” I sat up in my bed confused looking at him across the room; he walked over slowly to the other bed in the room and sat down.

            “I just had a bad dream, and I’m just upset tonight, I don’t know.” He mumbled sleepily to me as I just nodded. I was being nice, and understood bad dreams actually affect you when you first wake up from them, I had no idea why, but they just affect your whole mood, and I didn’t want him being alone after it, who likes to be alone?

            “You okay?” I asked him sincerely as he just nodded and lied down on the other twin bed.  I rolled back over in my bed and closed my eyes, slowly drifting back into sleep until I heard Niall speak,

            “Fuck sleeping in this bed alone.” He practically growled while getting up, I rolled over in my bed seeing Niall walk over to mine, pull the blankets back without letting me have any say in it, and lay down next to me. “That’s better.” He whispered as he slowly wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him, and kissing the back of my head. I wasn’t going to argue you with him, I was one to cuddle, and it was always the most comforting feeling having his arms around me, but I would never admit that to anyone in the world, not even if they paid me. “Thank you.” he barely mumbled into my ear, and I let out a barely audible mhhhm before I set my hands on top of his on my waist, and falling back into a deep sleep.