23

Same old routine.... locking myself in a dark and quiet room. Sitting in the corner middle of my bed, my head down on my knees as I wrap my arms around it.

What the hell did just happened?

I sob in tears.

The only chance I have went all for nothing.

Is this really my fate?

Was I born to experience hell?

I tighten my hold to myself as I continued crying, I thought you said there's no turning back? But why didn't you do it?

I shed in tears, my body were uncontrollably shaking, This is driving me insane, you're a killer but you can't kill that monster? What was the reason why you didn't do it?

I continued crying, let my mind get tired for all the thoughts keep going through my head.

And for that reason, my head started aching like it's burning, I slowly laid myself down in bed, curling myself up and continued crying until I went all unconscious.

I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up, I found myself in bed, still in a curled up position. I felt a strong pain at the side of my head. I groaned, "Uh--"

I slowly sat down as I held my head with force, my eyes were both half opened, I took the water jug I have on my lamp table, it was here for a couple of days already.

I badly need a water, my throat were dry so I drank the half of it then wiped the excess liquid from my mouth. I sighed, thinking that I'm back with living under the evil old man.

I forced myself to get out of bed, how I hope that Kai is still alive... how would my life be if he does?

I took a quick shower, prepared myself up with a light make-up then wore my outfit.

I went straight to the meeting room, like usual, Kai's seat is still there, being empty

I went straight to the meeting room, like usual, Kai's seat is still there, being empty. I guess it's their way to pay their respect so they chose to keep it that way.

I smiled as I prayed for his soul, then I sat down on my chair, letting my purse sit onto the table.

The meeting started right after just a couple of minutes the time that the chairs were being occupied by the company's partners.

Park, I mean Mr. Park, started the discussion about his meetings with the suppliers from the country side he visited. The only time that I remembered that we almost have to end him.

If only I have the urge to do it, I'll do it alone.

But mum didn't raised me to be a killer.

I just shrugged my shoulders, I guess I should stop depending on the others and just let things flow.. what happens, will happen.

I listened to the meeting this time just to kept my mind away from thinking about those things, I guess this is another a win project... then soon, it finally ends.

People around me were leaving, one by one. I took my purse quickly so I can go out and have an alone time.

"Jennie..." A voice called me.

I turned my back, seeing no one but the dirty old man, he adjusted his glasses up, "It was a great meeting, means a great project." He smiled so widely as if like he's a normal father.

I slightly smiled, "Congratulations then." trying so hard not to show any fear against him.

"You're smiling yet your fear is still visibly seen..." He chuckles then he inhaled through his nose, "Well, you can go out... celebrate this upcoming win project. I'm busy so I guess, I'll just celebrate after." He smiled then nods, gesturing that I can go.

I faked my smile then as soon as I turned my back away from him, my face went all straight, As if like I'll celebrate any victory of yours.

I walked out the company and went straight to my car, I hopped inside and threw my purse to the passenger seat.

I sat there quietly as I checked my phone, I didn't get any messages from her, nor any explanations why.

I deeply sighed, another quiet atmosphere, I feel like someone's been watching me from afar, but I can't tell where... but I definitely can sense it.

I turned my head from left to right, checking every corner if there's someone been eyeeing me but saw no one. I shrugged my shoulders off, turned the engine on then stepped on the gas.

-□-□-□-

I decided to invite Rosie to eat with me, at least someone who I can surely lean on when I feel like I'm breaking apart.

A sizzling sound of meat after being freshly grilled in a wide circle shaped pan, "Wooo, I miss eating this." She spoke as she let the meat cooked.

"Oh yes, of course... no food you wouldn't miss Chaeyoung." I said jokingly that both us laughed, "How are you guys doing?"

"Me and Jisoo?" She asks as she turned the meat upside down, "We're doing good, she has another expensive wrist watch.. I dunno where it came from, I'm guessing maybe she bought it."

My eyebrow furrows, Jisoo would not normally buy any expensive things, she would rather save up money than waste it on any expensive stuff where she can just normally buy a cheaper one. I nodded, "I see, maybe she bought it for herself."

"But she usually don't buy expensive things, right? And I've seen her couple of times with new stuff, they are all expensive... I didn't bother her asking where it came from... it would just irritate her..."

Now this making me curious, Rosie is right, where does everything is coming from?

Park would never come in my mind as the first reason behind it, he promised me that he'll never ever have any communications or connections with Jisoo.

I shook my head off, "I guess she just changed... she surely just want to experience those from all her sweats and hardworks... she deserve getting all those stuff." I spoke as I took few of the cooked meat into my plate, "Keep it like that, Rosie... you need to do your best for my sister.. I put all my trust in you, mum did too, and so Jisoo... be always there for her, okay?" I added that made her look up to me and smiled.

"Of course... and I promise. You don't have to worry... I told you, right? Just worry about yourself... I'll take care of your sister." then she widely smiled once again before she shoved a big meat paired with a lettuce and side dishes into her mouth.