14

MR. CHOI'S POV

I heard them, I heard their conversation... A few sweat dropped from the side of my head, even it's cold... my hands were also shaking, no.. I think my whole body is.

"I don't need a personal guard."

It keeps repeating in my head as if like someone is intentionally repeating that sentence, whispering in a slow low voice, until I heard footsteps walking towards the door so I quickly went to the corner and hid behind a huge vase with a plant on it then I saw Jennie walking out from the office.

I watched her walking away, she really grew up well. Her aura suits her to be a CEO, and she looks exactly their mother... pretty and elegant.

How I wish that their mum is still alive... what could their life be if she is.

FLASHBACK
"Get out!" An old lady in a beige dress slapped me too hard that made me fell off the ground.

"W-- Why?" I asked as I was holding my cheek, I felt the heat slowly spreading into my cheek.

"WHY?!? Are you really that dumb not to understand that we don't like you? Even the smallest bit of you?!" She glared at me like she would rather see me dead.

"I-- I thought everything is good? That everything is fine?? I'm confused...."

"Hey!" An old guy interrupted, "Stand up!" He shouted so I quickly stood up.

"What's happening? I don't understand?" I asked in confusion, slight tears were slowly forming into my eyes, "W-- Where's Amelia?"

"Stop looking for her, she's not gonna come back." The old guy said in a serious tone, "She doesn't deserve you... and we don't like you."

"Where's Amelia?!" I shouted, "AMELIA!! AMELIA!!" I walked around the house trying to find her but no one's answering me.

"I said stop looking for her!! She's already engaged for another man! Will you stop chasing for her!? You are nothing but just an unfortunate human being that is after for some gold... We already know what's your intention so stop it now!"

"My intention is pure that Amelia only knows!"

"Shut your mouth maggot!" The old lady harshly said, "Get out now before I start calling the security!!" she added.

Then the old man quickly approached me and started pushing me out the house. It was raining that day, I have nothing but just myself.

"And don't ever go to the company anymore, we already hired someone new from your position." the old lady said.

They watched me being soaked in the rain, they both looked like a villain from the 80's movies.

I glared at them, "I'll find Amelia!!" I shouted before they can shut the door.

END OF FLASHBACK

I face palmed myself, rolling both my shoulders backwards and stood up straight before I went inside the office, "Miss Jisoo." I spoke as I bow my head.

"I'm not going anywhere so I don't need you today..." Jisoo said without even looking at me, I can feel how upset she was.

"Ahh-- ahh... M-- Maybe just call me if you're going anywhere.." I said as I put my hands inside my pocket then slowly took some steps, "Miss Jisoo, I just want to remind you that I made a promise to your mother that I will never let you go anywhere without me and that I have to always look after you and your sister... but since your sister is living with your dad, I have nothing else to worry but you for now."

She sighed, "I know, I know... no need to repeat that to me." she said in annoyance with her arms crossed.

"I know that it hurts you that your dad chose her to stay with him than you... I know how much your dad been complimenting you a lot but after all that time, he still chooses your sister.. Maybe there's a reason behind that." I added, trying my best not to offend her.

Her eyebrow furrows, I can see that she got irritated even she tries not to show it, "I know... and it's fine... Dad's still doing his part, he still meets me sometimes and Jennie doesn't know that..." then she glared at me, "Don't you dare to tell her that! I'm gonna meet dad later." she added with a wide smile on her face.

I don't know what should I feel, Jisoo is really grateful for having her step father in their life. But as long as she's happy and they are okay, I'll always be fine with it too.

"Mr. Choi.... If you wanna go with me, you have to stay in the car and wait for us to finish the dinner." She spoke like she doesn't feel any emotions.

I just quietly nodded at her and bowed my head as a good bye then I went out her office.