16

"Dad!" Jisoo excitedly greeted her dad which he quickly opens his arms widely for a hug.

"How's my beautiful daugther?" He asked as he held Jisoo's waist like what a normal father would do. Giving her an assisstance as they entered the restaurant.

Jisoo took a short glimpse at the direction where the car was parked, he's still not leaving? is he really going to wait for me and watch me the whole time here? She thought to herself then turned her gaze back to her father and smiled.

"Here, I reserved this spot for us." Her father said, he even helped Jisoo to take her seat by opening the chair for her.

"Thank you dad, you are really the best! A gentleman ever!" Jisoo proudly spoke as she placed her bag onto the extra chair next to her then her father sat down in front of her.

"Of course, you are always my precious daughter... and only my daughters can be treated as a queen like how your mother was treated." He said with a big smile.

Jisoo widens her smile, "I really miss mum, how I wish that she's still here. This spot became our remarkable spot everytime we go out together... as if like we own this now..." she chuckles.

"You're right.." He slightly smiled, "I really do miss your mum too... I pray almost everyday hoping to see her again, even just in my dreams..." He sighed, then he saw Jisoo lowers her mood, "Jisoo, I know it still hurting you.. and it's hurting me still too. But it hurts me more if I'm seeing you sad, so smile now! Your mum would be sad too if you are feeling down and sad... let's just pray for your mum's soul. Alright?" he softly caress Jisoo's hand for a comfort.

She nodded at him and smiled, "Thank you dad, I know that mum is just always around watching and guiding us... and uhmm, how's Jennie doing?"

Her father narrowed his lips into a thin line as he slightly smiled then looks away for a bit and sighs, "She's doing great! Working hard for the company, here and there..."

Jisoo slowly nods, "Aahh... I see..."

"Are you still mad because I chose her over you?"

Jisoo looked at him, felt a bit shocked from what she heard, "N-- No? I mean, that's been a long time, and it took me awhile to accept it... but, I do understand why you chose her... and that's because she's better." she faked her smile but her father can feel it.

"No, Jisoo.... It's not like that, there's no best and no better... I see you both equally, there's no competition between siblings... it's just that I thought that maybe Jennie can handle everything in the company, like all the stress, all the hardships... I saw you growing up Jisoo, you are fragile... a very sensitive one... So I don't like it seeing you getting stressful over the work, since my company is considered to be one of the biggest companies here in Korea... you are too precious to me, and you know that..." He tried his best to explain his side to her daughter.

"Yeah, I understand dad."

"Plus... you are closer to me than your sister, so I known you better... and that's how I learned that you were the fragile one..." He softly chuckled, "She enjoys being with your personal guard than me, so... maybe he knows her better than I do."

"Oh yeah! Maybe that's just because you were always busy that time, and she has no one to talk to but Mr. Choi.. while me, I always wait for you." Jisoo widely smiled like a little kid which her dad gently pats her head, "Dad! I'm not a kid anymore, also getting ready with my hair took me an hour!"

He chuckled, "Alright alright... you are surely a grown up girl now... but you are still my precious little one!"

Jisoo softly chuckled. After awhile, their food arrived, served fresh and hot. They continued having a conversation as they eat.

"Before we part ways, here's a little gift from me to you.." Her dad took the box from the chair next to him and handed it to Jisoo, "Hope you'll like it." He smiled.

Jisoo gracefully accepted the gift, "What is it this time?" she excitedly said, "Can I see it now?"

Her father nods then Jisoo opens the box and saw a newly come out wrist watch, "Woah!" Jisoo's eyes glow after seeing the branded watch, "Thank you so much, dad! You always surprises me with the gifts!"

"You deserve it..." He happily said, "If you need anything else, just contact me right away... whatever it is, I'll give it to you, material or not."

Jisoo nods, "Yes dad! Will do." then she gave him a warm hug as they stood up, until she took an accidental glimpse into the parking lot and still saw the car there, seriously?! he didn't leave?! She shouted in her mind as her eyes widens.

"Alright, it's getting dark now. We should go ahead... Do you want me to give you a ride back home?" He said after they let go from the hug.

"No, it's fine dad. Mr. Choi is just around, I'll tell him to pick me up here... you can go now, I know you still have lots of things to do." Jisoo insisted.

"Okay... if you say so, you're the boss here." He chuckled, "Be careful okay? Leave me a message once you get home." He added then gave Jisoo a gentle kiss to her cheek.

"Bye dad, you too!" Jisoo watches her father leave the area before she finally leaves the restaurant and went to the car.

"Mr. Choi?!" She knocks into the window, "He even fell asleep waiting for me... arghh..." Jisoo said in annoyance as she keeps on knocking until he woke up.

He immediately opens the door for her, "I-- I'm sorry I fell asleep!"

"I told you to just go somewhere else and eat! Why did you take it seriously for telling you to just wait in the car?!" Jisoo shouted angrily.

"I-- It's fine, Miss Jisoo. I'm sorry if I waited here instead of going somewhere, I just don't feel hungry..." Mr. Choi kept bowing his head.

Jisoo sighed, "It's fine. Sorry for shouting, it's just that you waited for couple of hours here..." Mr. Choi sees her worried eyes even she didn't expressing it too much.

"It's not a big deal... I'm a guard after all, so it's part of my responsibility to watch over you..."

Jisoo slowly shooks her head as she sigh again, "Let's just go back home so you can take a rest too."

Mr. Choi bows his head once again before moving on and finally left the area, he was smiling a bit knowing that Jisoo was concerned for him. He felt relieved after, it flutters his heart even just a small thing.

He also noticed the box that Jisoo was holding, he felt so sure that it was from their step father. He got insecured that he can give them everything nice and expensive while he can't.

-