4

The sun has begun to rise, but nothing has changed. Just another day of acting like everything is fine...

I grabbed my purple purse as well as my purple coat and put them on before stepping my way out to go to the upper level where the new meeting would begin in five minutes.

I glanced at the watch on my wrist, "3 minutes..." I whispered to myself and smiled a little bit after, then soon realized that I felt happy knowing that I'll get to see someone who shows their care for me, "Kai..." I uttered the phrase in a whisper while smiling before I entered the conference room.

I sat down elegantly once again in the middle chair along with my tiny purple bag onto the table, and I gave them all a delicate smile. When I turned to look at Kai to give him a delightful smile, but to my dismay, all I saw was an empty chair

"W— Where is the guy who was sitting in that chair?" I asked the elderly woman in a hushed tone as she sat next to me.

"I have no idea... maybe he's just late?" She whispered back at me while she's looking at the chair to where I pointed.

I smiled as I thanked her...

I don't understand why he's late, given that he's always on time. Maybe he slept too late.

When I looked around, everyone looked disheartened. They were shaking their heads and staring blankly at the papers in front of them.

"Everyone please calm down..." I heard my stepfather's voice as he murmured to try and calm everyone down.

My eyebrows furrowed because I was so perplexed about what was happening. I turned my attention once more to the elderly lady seated next to me and asked, "Are you aware of what's going on?" I inquired with some concern.

She shooks her head, "I don't really have any idea... I've only been here for a short while and they are all acting like that already..."

My heart started beating so fast, I started feeling so weird that I don't have any idea what brought on these emotions... I sat in silence from my chair while holding my chest, feeling its strong beats.

"How did that happen!?" A guy suddenly spoke breaking the silence.

"Please don't panic; neither we nor anyone else has any idea what caused that.. you're just going to cause panic!" My old dirty step dad shouted in whisper at him, which we can still heard.

"What panic? Tell us what's really happening?!" The old lady next to me shouted in fear, "You can't just let us sit here without knowing anything and assume that no one's going to panic!" she added which everyone agrees with her.

My eyes widened as the notion occurred to me that this might be about Kai, and without a second's hesitation, I asked, "Where's the guy sitting on that chair!?" I shouted as I pointed at his chair which my coat causes to fall down.

Everyone turned their gaze at it, and started mumbling about it.

"Jennieyah~ Take a sit and calm down..." My step dad calmy says, I hate obeying you, but I had to.

I quietly sat down onto my chair and picked up my coat.

My dirty step dad took a deep sigh, as he looked at everyone and spoke, "Please calm down first, this has nothing to do with our company and partnership... but since... he's part of it...."

"Who are you talking about?!" A guy cut offs my step dad.

"Will you just listen to me first!" He yelled violently before taking a big breath "I apologize for shouting... this is just stressing me out and making me worried, so please everyone just sit and listen... I don't know what's going on, so please... just please, I'm trying my best not to cause any panic..." He sincerely said with worries in his eyes.

I kept quiet and just listened to what my old dirty dad was trying to say, he may be full of dirty thoughts and evilness but he can still show how he cares about his partners, also to the company, of course. His partners, his company... without their help, he's just nothing but a loser.

"As much as I don't want to say this... as much as I wish I could simply pretend that none of this is true.... but... what can I do, and what else can we do if it has already happened? ....." He stutteringly explained, appearing completely insane. He almost fell down, but luckily his assisstants were there to help him.

"M— Mr...." He took a deep breath before speaking again, "Mr. Kai is dead..."

I gasped, gripping my lips with both hands, my body tensed, and I couldn't control my breath once I heard his name followed by that last word...

I couldn't progress anything, we were just together yesterday, and now... and now he's gone..... I-- I was just starting to know him more.... but why did this happened!?! Why do I keep losing the people around me? Was I actually born to experience what it's like to be in hell?

A tear slowly fell down on my face, I still couldn't move and I feel numb.

"HOW COULD THAT HAPPENED!?" An old man asked, "He's one of our partners!! And... and... he... he is just too perfect for this project, b-but how did that happen so suddenly?" He was both disappointed and shocked from the news announced. His voice even sounded angry but scared at the same time.

"P-Please calm down... I know it's hard to believe that we just lost someone that is very valuable to our project b-but.... what else can we do!? .... the police are already investigating it... Let's just wait and see what they can do for his justice...." My step dad said as he's trying to comfort the old man who just shed in tears, "They are still unsure whether it is a murder or suicide. Just please, calm down and stay positive... Everything will be alright.... Let's just all hope that he isn't really dead... let's all hope that he's just in the hospital, fighting for his life..." he added.

Right.... We are still unsure if it is a murder or suicide... if it is suicide... I really can't think that he can do that, he seemed like a happy person... but... I can't still say that since I don't really know anything about his life... I just hope that he's not really dead, but rather in the hospital, laying there and fighting for his life....