8

It's 3 AM, I suddenly woke up from the cold then I noticed my blanket was already on the floor. I took it and saw my phone, I wonder how my sister's doing....

I decided to text Rosie, luckily she's still awake.

Where's Jisoo?

She's already asleep, why are you still awake?

I just woke up and decided to ask how my sister doing...

Don't worry, she's doing all good... worry about yourself more.

I'm doing good Rosie... nothing to worry about me.

Doing good? Your appearance changed Jennie... It doesn't look good at all!

Rosie... I'm doing great! It's just so stressful at work.

I hope you're telling the truth.

How's Mr. Choi?

He's doing just great, he takes care of Jisoo and the company just like how he always do.

Glad to hear that... uhm... can I have a favor?

Anything!

Can you help me meet Jisoo tomorrow?

Jennie... you can request anything but that one? I don't think she'll agree.

Why's that? Does she hate me now?

That's not what I mean... but... your sister cannot understand everything that's going through with your lives since your mum's death.

Tell me the truth Rosie... does she hate me?

Jennie... it's already late... you should just go back to sleep and let's talk tomorrow....

I left her on read... I didn't bother to reply on Rosie's last message. I get what she means, it's just my brain doesn't want to accept the truth.

I can feel that Jisoo hates me... and I wanna let her know so bad how I hate myself more than she does.

I'm getting tired already, it's been years... and I'm still here, when is this going to end?

A tear fell down, my hands were shaking uncontrollably.

I took a deep breath to have a control over myself but I couldn't. I quickly went towards my drawer and opens it, revealing a tiny black case inside.

I took the key that has been attached under the drawer with a tape, then I opened the black case.

I squinted my eyes to let all the tear fell off my eyes before I took the 9mm pistol from the case.

I held into it as I laid back myself on the bed, my hands were still shaking as I close my eyes.

Is this how life telling me to end things?

My brain couldn't think straight as I continuously taps the gun onto my chest that it makes a satisfying sound when it hits my bones on it, I didn't know I'm already that skinny.

I chuckled, that old man won't stop if I ever maintain a healthy body.

I took my phone out from the lamp table, I was getting ready to send the text that I've been keeping on my drafts for a long time now.

I closed my eyes before clicking the blue button to send, and kept my eyes closed since it will take seconds before it finally sends.

I opened up my eyes, my heart beats so fast and my hands continued shaking uncontrollably.

I looked at it and saw a red symbol, "Fuck! It won't send." I said irritatedly as a punch the gun onto my head after realizing how dumb it was.

"And now you have to go back to drafts..." I whispered to myself as I saved it once again from the drafts.

Then I peacefully puts back the 9mm pistol from where it was placed and locks it together with the key being hidden again under it.

-
FLASHBACK

"Mum!~ Mum! Let's go now! Mr. Choi been waiting outside!" Jisoo shouted excitedly as she runs outside, carrying her doll along with her.

I followed Jisoo, watching her jumping in excitement. Mr. Choi gently taps her head.

"You should have just let your doll sleep peacefully at house..." I said jokingly.

Jisoo pouts, "Mr. Choi gave this to me and this is my favorite doll! I won't ever leave this behind everytime we go out!" she says as she hids the doll behind her.

Mr. Choi chuckles from Jisoo's cuteness, "Where's your mother?"

"Well, she's coming out now too... Jisoo called for her.." I said, "Wait here and I'll check." then I turned my back into the house but mum got out exactly the time I was about to open the door, "Mum! You startled me."

"Oh! I'm sorry Nini!" Mum says as she held my shoulders, "C'mon now, I know you are excited..."

"Who won't? We are so excited to meet dad! Jisoo and I been waiting for a long time to know him... I'm just glad that our step dad agreed to meet him." I spoke as we walked towards Mr. Choi and Jisoo.

"He's so kind to let this happen, and I'm so excited to let you guys know who your real dad is..." Mum smiled widely, she looks brighter than ever.

I smiled at her, "I know right! I'm happy that you are happy, mommy!"