𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

Natasha's POV

I was now staring at y/n while the doctors operate her. Someome entered the room but I didn't bother to look who it was, afraid that if I look away y/n will be gone.

"What happened?" It was Steve's voice, who was now standing beside me, I gave him a side glance.

"Her mother stabbed her," I answered quietly, making Steve whip his head to the side to face me. "But Nat, she doesn't have a mother," he furrowed his eye brows.

"She has," I heard Fury's voice as he went next to me. "But she was never there for her... Her mother left her on my doorstep when she was just a baby," he added.

I just stared at her as Fury said those words, she was abandoned by her mother, and I didn't knew that, she never told me that part of her story. I guess now I understand why she never leaves Taliyah's side, because she knows what it feels of not having a mother. Well, I once felt that too but mom Melina made sure that I wouldn't.

"Why did she come back, then?... What? to kill y/n" Steve stated, making me look at him. "She's not dead!" I whisper shouted. I look back one second later and the doctors were on panic mode, which made me nervous. "W...what's happening?" I stuttered.

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Y/n then stops breathing and the heart monitor shows a flatline. Her heart stopped. "No," I mumbled.

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Someone grabs a defibrillator. They shout "Clear!". They waited a response but nothing. They hit her again, and my heart stopped a beat when she didn't respond.

"No, no, no, no," I closed my eyes, tears leaking out the corners, as I stepped back. Why her? Why did it have to be the love of my life? What did she do to deserve this?

"Time of death Three-thirty-three p.m," Doctor Cho announced, making me enter the room where she was.

My heart tripped and stumbled as I reach for her hand. Tears blurred my vision as  nurses and doctors left the room. The beeping had stopped as the heart monitor flatlined. I looked up to my lovers face in confused hope, to see her two beautiful e/c eyes, that flickers whenever she opens them. But they didn't. I didn't saw a single glimps of her eyes nor her smile, I didn't saw her rosy cheeks burns whenever she sees me. She was gone, and I felt guilty for not being able to save her, 'cause one moment she was there standing and I was so stupid to not see that woman was no good, I didn't saw that coming, and when I did, I was too late. She was already gone.

*  *  *

"Mom? Where's mama?" Taliyah asked, making me look up to see her face, I quickly glanced at Wanda and she nods. I crouched down to her level, and hold her side by side.

"I-" I cut off myself 'cause I couldn't tell her, so I just hugged her, tight. She hugs me back and I was struggling to hold back my tears. What do I do? What do I tell her?

"The thruth," Wanda went to my mind.

I looked at her again and she nodded with a smile. 'Go on'. She mouthed, I took in a deep breath before pulling away from my daughter. I looked at her and smiled. "Your mother-"

"She's dead, isn't she," she stated emotionless, making me look down. "Yes," I whispered, I saw her hand clenched in a fist, making me look back up to her and now her eyes was watery. "Did she die peacefully?" She asked, I gulp a little. "Yes, she died by my side," I answered and she nodded a little.

And with that she left the room, leaving me with Wanda. The witch then came next to me and hugged me. I rested my head on her shoulders as she rubs my back gently.

"Shhh," she started. "It's gonna be okay... It will take time to heal, but it will pass...in time," she added, making me sad even more.

"I had her," I cried. "I was holding her hand an hour ago, she was smiling back at me, and now... and now she's gone, I lost her again," I sniffled between words. "I don't know what to do," I cried again as tears kept falling down.

"I know how it feels, and I also know that you will know what to do..." She comforts me.

*  *  *

I was now standing on y/n's funeral with Taliyah and Wanda by my side, the Avengers was there too, mourning for my lovers death. I wanted so badly for her to wake up from that coffin and just come back to me, and be with me for the rest of her life, but that's not our case.

"I'm going to miss you," Taliyah whispered softly, as she holds a flower.

I look up not wanting for the tears to fall, and with that I noticed that Fury wasn't there. Why? It's her daughters funeral yet he isn't here.

"What is it?" Wanda asked.

"Fury isn't here," I answered, Wanda then looks at me unease but she covered it with a smile.

"Don't worry, he probably didn't want to... see y/n like this," she quickly answered to the point I could barely understand what she said.

I furrowed my eye brows. "Are you hiding something from me?" I asked.

"No, nothing. W- why would I hide something from you?" She stuttered, I just ignored it and faked a smile.

"Who knows, you might know something that I don't," I snorted, making her sigh. Not long after Bucky approached Wanda and whispered something on her ear, Bucky glanced at me and smiled same as Wanda. I just looked at them skeptically as they both kept whispering.

I sighed. "Alright, you two spill it."

─━  ⑅  ⴵ  ⑅  ━─