Part 2

Once they got him back to the lab, they laid him on the table. They would watch for signs of him waking up, and keep him unconscious for the time being. They wanted to get as much useful information about the gargoyle's anatomy as they could.

Now that he was under the light, they could see this one looked like something out of a scary movie, like a demon. No wonder the folks deemed them so scary. But these three were going to study him.

"He seemed kind of sad and lonely there in the park," Vanessa said. She had heard the sentiment in his voice.

"Yeah, we heard him too. It just wasn't a time for talking, Vanessa," Nathan stated.

"Seems he wants a mate of his own," Preston said.

"So, what do we do?" Nathan asked.

"For now, we're not going to worry about it. Let's get on with this study," Preston ordered.

The scientists took blood and tissue samples from him first. His blood was darker than his skin. They also took a sample of his hair by clipping a piece off. His hands and feet were looked at. His heart and lungs were listened to. His stomach sounds were listened to. The wings and tail were also examined, as were his teeth, nose, ears, eyes, and horns.

Preston wanted to x-ray him, but the belt on his waist had to come off. That was the one spot that they left for last. The loincloth had to come off too for study. It was taken off and that area was examined too. A sperm sample was also taken via needle.

Vanessa examined the sperm under the microscope while the two men worked on doing the x-rays. Luckily, the gargoyle wasn't that heavy for them. Vanessa was intrigued with the sperm sample. There was a lot of mobility in the swimmers.

After all the x-rays were taken, the pictures were examined, they noted he had some thick bone structures. No wonder they could do such damage to stone or steel.

"So, what did you see with the sperm, Vanessa?" Preston asked.

"He's a very fertile male, Boss. He would be a good breeder." she said. "Take a look."

Preston had a look. "Indeed."

"Does anyone know anything about baby gargoyles?" she asked.

"No. Gargoyles are a rare species. A new one, in fact, that we know of. It wasn't up until just a few years ago that I even knew of them. Sevarius from Gen-U-Tech introduced me to the knowledge of them and some DNA. The DNA is different from that one. I just knew it was a bigger one. But then, from a security video I saw, this one was actually among the three that broke in." Preston explained. "And there was also cloning done. But if we were to breed this gargoyle, it would take something special to do so. I don't want a cloned specimen. I want a purebred one."

"What are we going to do with him in the meantime?" Nathan asked. "I heard they turn to stone in daylight."

"We'll have to tie him down until further notice. From the x-rays and exams, he's stronger than any of us," Preston advised.

The humans tied Brooklyn's limbs and wings down. Even his tail. His mouth was also restrained so he wouldn't possibly bite them.

"Wait, what about his eyes?" Vanessa asked.

"What about them?" Nathan asked.

"I know that they glow too. Shouldn't we cover his eyes up so he's not so stressed if he comes out of sedation?" she pointed out.

"It might be a good idea," Preston replied.

"Are we going to breed the gargoyle?" Vanessa asked. She had an interest in this male too.