Part 19: Wedding Day

A week later, Goliath gave Brooklyn permission to start training again to relearn his fighting skills, and Akemi was welcome to help out too. The whole clan would take turns with him to learn them while someone was making sure Hana and Skye were alright. The whole clan doted on them as if they were their own. They were their first new generations in modern day Manhattan. The clan needed the new blood indefinitely.

Negotiations with other clans began to continue as well. The questions were when they would all meet up.

.................

About two months later, Brooklyn was deemed fit enough to go out on his first patrol again since he had given birth. He had been seen by his scientist friends and he and the babies were all doing fine in their health.

It was now spring again, but still cold outside. Hana and Skye weren't kept outside much. Their skin was still not as thick as their parent's to keep them warm, but forty temp degree weather was warm enough. Anything below that was still too cold for them to be outside.

Brooklyn had lost some weight while doing his training and exercising over the two months, but still needed to lose more. But he was fit enough to go out fighting again.

His first patrol in so long made him feel worried about his twins, about leaving them for the first time. Since their birth, he hadn't been out of the castle. Lexington was proud to be their uncle babysitting them tonight.

Alex was also with him and he was intrigued by the little gargoyles.

Brooklyn was going out with Akemi and Broadway tonight. Both parents kissed the girls goodbye.

"We won't be too long, little ones." Brooklyn said, smiling. "You two be good for Uncle Lex."

"I'm sure they'll be fine, My Love." Akemi said. "Now we have to go." She ushered him away from the nursery.

Broadway met up with them both and they set off for Chinatown this night.

Brooklyn was glad to have his mate with him this first night back on patrol. If his brother felt jealous of being away from Angela tonight, well, he could see how Brooklyn felt for so long. But it wasn't about that tonight.

The red male was enjoying the feeling of the air beneath his wings and just all over his whole body once again. He smiled, closing his eyes.

"What's got you so happy?" Broadway asked.

"Just the feeling of the wind in my hair and under my wings again. It's been too long." Brook replied.

"It's understandable, since you've been having to regain your skills and being at home with the children for so long." Akemi said.

"I'll always love to be with them, no matter what. But even I want to get out and get some air." Brook stated.

"We all do." Broadway agreed.

The trio flew through Chinatown and found it quiet at first, but eventually came upon a robbing of a store by five thugs trying to get some Chinese medicine on their market.

Brooklyn was happy to be able to finally face bad guys again and do a good job at it. He put a beat down on two of them. Now he didn't have to worry about if a hit to the stomach would hurt babies inside him, though a blow in the belly always hurt.

There were a few more burglars found that night at a museum and a bank as well before they headed home to the castle.

Skye and Hana were crying for their parents when they got home. Lex was beside himself when they finally stepped inside. "I was wondering if you were ever coming home." Lex declared.