Part 6

The next night, Goliath, Angela, and Hudson went on patrol. It left the Trio there to guard the castle together.

Broadway was cooking a meal for them. They were going to have a brotherly night for once. A night full of movies. Lex and Brooklyn played a game of cards in the Great Hall while waiting for dinner to be ready. Bronx was in with them, laying on the floor patiently, though he was hungry too.

Lex was very good at playing Poker. Brooklyn hated losing to him.

"I win again!" Lex said smugly.

"You always win, Lex. Are you cheating or something?" Brooklyn demanded.

"No, I just know how to play better," Lex replied.

"Fine. Whatever. I'm just going to go somewhere else until dinner is ready," Brooklyn said. He got up and went to go for a walk around the castle. Lex knew his brother was just being a sore loser.

When Brooklyn was getting close to David's office, he suddenly smelled something a bit different. He heard him and Fox talking in there, but the scent was overwhelming. His stomach growled, as it was ready to eat.

The door was open a crack. Brooklyn took a peek inside.

The married couple were eating their own dinner and discussing a business deal. But what Brooklyn smelled wasn't a scent that he smelled often. He remembered it from some time ago. It might have been the only food that he decided that he had officially hated: pizza.

But right now, the scent of it was luring him in for some reason. There was something about it.

"Hmm. Why does that pizza smell so good?" he asked himself.

He decided to knock. It got Fox and David's attention.

"Excuse me for interrupting, Xanatos and Fox." Brook said softly.

"What brings you by, Brooklyn?" David asked.

"I don't mean to intrude, but what kind of pizza is that?" Brooklyn asked.

"I thought you hated pizza. It's sausage and pepperoni," Fox replied to him.

"I uh, can I please have a piece? It smells so tantalizing," Brooklyn said.

"Yeah. Sure. Here," David replied. He pulled a piece off for the red gargoyle.

Brooklyn took it. It wasn't too hot anymore. He smelled it some more and then he put it to his mouth and ate it. "Hmm. This tastes so good," he smiled, his taste buds in heaven.

For something that he normally hated eating, his change of taste and change of smell was making him like the scent and taste of pizza. This would come to be a big craving for him.

After he left, David and Fox were left mystified at Brooklyn's request about pizza when they knew he usually hated it. His brothers did too. It was so strange for him to just ask for it so out of the blue. He was still acting pretty strange.

Soon, Broadway called that dinner was ready for them. He had fed Bronx first so he wouldn't be trying to beg for food from them.

They all grabbed some dinner plates and piled food onto their plates. Then they went to the TV room, where they ate their dinner and watching an action-packed movie.

Once their food was gone, they set their plates down and enjoyed the movie. It ended and then a comedy came on. The Trio had fun laughing at the goofy scenes in it. But halfway through the movie, a not so nice feeling started coming on.

Brooklyn winced as he started feeling some nausea. It was nothing unusual given his condition. He tried going on watching TV, but it got worse.

Broadway was in the chair while Brooklyn was on the couch. Lex was on the floor with Bronx.