Part 4

Over the next few weeks, Brooklyn did a lot of reading of the books he had taken from the library when he wasn't doing things with the clan.

His brothers and him hung out, going to movies and rock concerts. Things like this would change when he got further along. He still didn't notice anything different with his body. When he was alone, he would look down at his belly and see if there was any noticeable swelling. But there was nothing yet. It was still too early for that. He wanted to go back to the lab next week to see how far things had progressed.

One night though, when Brooklyn was just watching a commercial on the TV with the clan, he just suddenly burst into tears for no apparent reason. He was sniffling and tears falling down his face.

Goliath saw and heard him. "Brooklyn?" Brooklyn looked at his leader. "What's wrong?"

Brooklyn hadn't paid attention. "Oh, sorry. Nothing's wrong." He wiped his tears away. "It was just a touching commercial. How the father was very caring to his daughter," he said.

"We've seen it before and it never bothered you," Lex stated.

"I'm fine, Lex," Brooklyn said. 'What is wrong with me?' he asked himself.

The truth was, his hormones were affecting his behavior. The hormones from the drugs and attachment inside him were affecting him greatly, if in small ways so far.

Brooklyn still had to keep hiding his secret from the clan. He definitely wanted to know how he was progressing too. He was anxious to know more about what was going on inside him.

There was still a lot of patrolling that they did. Spring was starting to move into summer. Gliding on the winds felt so good.

Brooklyn had become a lot wearier of when he was fighting enemies even at this point in time. He was making sure to protect his stomach from enemies. He tried his best though.

But, his clan was noticing his new strange behavior. If the second in command didn't put the full hurt on someone trying to hurt someone else, one of the others had to do it if they didn't get away first. Then, he would end up being questioned or lectured.

Brooklyn hated being lectured or questioned about his methods. He knew he would usually not let baddies escape, but he had to protect himself. Lectures especially could make him cry. He usually never cried.

When he was alone and feeling what his body felt while reading, he also read about sore breasts, the period stopping, which of course, he didn't have those. But, his nipples did feel weird. He usually never noticed them much. Human women sure went through some strange things.

He was also noticing some slight cramps in his belly too. Maybe he was feeling fatigue as well. After patrols, he felt like he just wanted to crash on his bed.

He took his vials and prenatal vitamins every night. The vials he still took three times a night.

............

Owen had gotten the results back of what had been in that vial he had taken. It had been a couple of weeks since he took it, and he still hadn't told Xanatos about it. It was part drug and part female hormones, in a high dose too. This was strange. What was going on with the red gargoyle that he would have this at all? He would have to confront Brooklyn about this sooner or later.

.............

The next week, it had been five weeks since the scientists had impregnated him.

Brooklyn began to really lose his appetite. He started getting more nausea swirling in his stomach and he often didn't feel good. Right after waking up, he found himself having to make a mad dash for a bathroom unless he was going to throw up right in front of the clan.