Part 8

Brooklyn had an idea of how to get to the bottom of what the scientists could be planning. He was going to go and confront them. His clan wanted to know where the lab was that had done this to him.

The red male led his clan to the lab that was somewhat close to Central Park. When they arrived close to the lab building, Brooklyn said, "I doubt there will be a need for violence with them. I just want to get some answers," he explained.

"So do we, Brooklyn. We would like very much to meet these scientists to make sure that they aren't going to harm you," Goliath decreed.

"If they really wanted to harm me, they would have done it by now," Brooklyn stated.

"Let's go in," Goliath said.

Brooklyn was nervous about the clan meeting the scientists. He knocked on the door and Nathan went to let him in. The door opened and the man was shocked at seeing more than Brooklyn there.

"Uh, hi, Brooklyn. Didn't know you were bringing anyone with you," Nathan greeted in surprise.

"Nathan, I had to tell my clan what was going on with me, and they wanted to meet you and the others," Brooklyn said as he started to come inside, the clan following.

"So, you are Nathan?" Hudson inquired.

"Yes. Nathan Bradford at your service. I have been wondering what all the rest of you looked like, but was waiting until Brooklyn was further along first," Nathan replied.

"Where are Preston and Vanessa?" Brooklyn asked.

"In the back. They are working to help some animals from the Bronx Zoo," Nathan stated.

Nathan called the other two up to the front. When they both arrived, they were shocked to see Brooklyn there, but also with his clan.

"Uh, we weren't expecting you to come by for another month, Brooklyn," Preston said. "And who are your clan mates?"

"This is my leader, Goliath, his daughter, Angela, Broadway and Lexington, my brothers, and Hudson, our clan elder," Brooklyn introduced his clan. "Look, Preston, my clan got suspicious of my behavior and why I had the suitcase full of vials in my room. I had to tell them the secret. And did you happen to know I was carrying twins?" Brooklyn questioned the lead man.

"Yes, I did. We did," Preston replied.

"Why didn't you tell him?" Angela asked.

"Because, we were waiting until he was past the first trimester, to make sure the pregnancy was going to take," Preston explained.

"I thought it was just going to be one baby. Why twins?" Brooklyn asked.

"Brooklyn, not all pregnancies keep going on track. Having twins was just a precaution. In case one didn't make it. But look at it this way: you'll have two beautiful babies to love if they both keep going to term," the man explained.

"Preston, we learned of you having worked for Gen-U-Tech. Are you trying to make money off of Brooklyn?" Goliath demanded. "Are you working with Sevarius? I'm sure you've heard of him?"

"Yes. I once worked for him. But no. I don't work with Sevarius anymore. He taught me much, yes, but this pregnancy done on Brooklyn has nothing to do with him," Preston decreed.

"Then why did you get our brother pregnant? Considering that males don't get pregnant in the first place," Lexington inquired next.

"My team and I were curious about him when we saw him a few months ago. We had heard him talking to himself by the lake at the park. He seemed so alone. But more than anything, as we learned more about him when he told us about what he knew about gargoyle reproduction, we wanted to give him a hand in creating some babies for him. There was something special that I had learned in the world of genetic engineering that I couldn't let it go to waste. But, I can assure you all that we all talked to Brooklyn and we got his cooperation. This was about trying to save your species, since we know that your clan has such small numbers."