Part 9

The clan all knew of other gargoyles around the world by now, and perhaps, there were clans that had yet to pop up.

Goliath began to wonder about having some kind of meeting with some of the other clans so they knew of each other. Of course, it wasn't the safest time either with the Quarrymen issue going on currently. At least Brooklyn's secret had been kept from them all this time.

The clans all needed to know about each other sooner or later. Perhaps it would be better to deal with that after Brooklyn's pregnancy was over, or when the Quarrymen crisis was over.

Who knows whenever Jon Castaway would ever be caught? He was the leader of the whole problem. If he knew of Brooklyn's pregnancy, Goliath was extremely worried for his second in command. Brooklyn wasn't in any shape to be fighting.

Brooklyn was still early enough in his pregnancy that he could still fight if he had to, but he just shouldn't be fighting at all. He had enough on his mind to deal with.

...............

Preston went through his papers after he woke up and found some of the data on the pregnancy missing. He knew this was trouble. He informed Nathan and Vanessa that his ex-boss had come in here looking for information and had knocked him out and stolen the information.

Police couldn't be brought in on this matter, as the gargoyles were not accepted in society yet, except by those very few ones. Maybe with the exception of Matt and Elisa, but they didn't know they were friends with the gargoyles yet. They would have to tell Brooklyn and his clan on this matter that there might possibly be trouble to look out for from Sevarius.

They went to the Eyrie Building the next night to tell the clan. Vanessa and Nathan were just company. It was Preston who knew everything.

Owen led the three scientists to the gargoyles' quarters in the castle after getting to the top. Owen had been told as long as they showed id that he was to take them to the castle area whenever they showed up.

Some of the clan was out. Broadway, Lex, and Angela were out patrolling. Goliath was with Elisa. Brooklyn, Hudson, and Bronx were still there at the castle.

Brooklyn was summoned to the infirmary to see his friends. "Hi, guys. What brings you by here tonight?" he asked.

"Brooklyn, I'm afraid I have some bad news." Preston replied.

The red gargoyle's eyes lit up. He put a hand to his stomach. "What sort of bad news?" he asked.

"Sevarius. He came to the lab last night after you left. He came to see what was going on there. He saw you leave. He tried to get me to tell him what was going on." Preston explained.

"What did you say?"

"I didn't tell him anything, and that was when he injected a knock out drug into me and he searched through all my paperwork, and he found the folder on your pregnancy. He stole the papers, Brooklyn! He might try something. I came to warn you about it." Preston exclaimed.

"Thanks for telling me. Yes, I know of the maniac. I don't want him anywhere near me or my babies." Brooklyn stated. "I'll tell the clan when they come back."

"Perhaps they shouldn't be out there now." Nathan said.

"They usually can take care of themselves." Brooklyn said.

"It's good you're not out there fighting in your condition," Vanessa stated.

"I know. I love to take down bad guys. I hate it when bad guys think that they have to hurt innocent people. That's what my clan lives for, to protect others." Brooklyn explained.