Part 3

Brooklyn couldn't believe he agreed to do this, but before long, he found himself on the table again, but unrestrained. He had his belt undone and his loincloth pulled down a little bit. He flinched from feeling the slime on his lower belly. The wand from the ultrasound was pressed into his belly to see what was inside him.

"Sorry if it's uncomfortable, but it has to be done this way first," Nathan said.

As Preston looked at the screen, he could see the organs. "That looks like a good spot right there."

"Yeah, it does."

When it was over, Brooklyn used a towel to wipe his belly clean of the gel. He buckled his belt again.

"Brooklyn, we need to do a little operation to insert the womb. We have to put you under anesthesia to get it in the proper place," Preston explained.

"I really don't want surgery." Brooklyn said.

"It's the only way at this point."

"I don't know why I agreed to this. I don't know you guys well enough," Brooklyn said.

"Well, this can be your call. You go home and go back to being all lonely and no mate, or you can cooperate and you can gain a new living being to love first. Something special that you help to create personally," Preston pushed to convince him.

Those words did spark something in the red male. He was right. He had no one to love personally at the moment. Well, a child could also give his life new meaning until he found himself a love of his own.

"Alright," Brooklyn agreed reluctantly.

The humans were glad he was complying.

They inserted an IV into his arm and adjusted the fluid rate for the saline solution. Anesthesia was injected into Brooklyn's IV and he slowly slipped into unconsciousness.

There was a small incision cut into Brooklyn's lower belly first. Then, the special womb was brought forth and implanted inside the incision. It was then glued to the abdominal wall. The artificial womb would grow as the implanted embryos grew.

"Is it just one embryo in there or both?" Nathan asked.

"Both, in case one doesn't make it. At least there's a chance for him to become a father," Preston said.

"Do we have the drinkable liquids ready too? He's going to have to take those as well to help sustain the pregnancy, since this is still new," Vanessa stated.

"Yes. They are ready." Nathan said.

The incision was stitched closed. Now Brooklyn just needed to wake up. It had been a short operation.

Brooklyn awoke a little bit later. He felt groggy and a little sore down there. He looked down and saw the stitches. "That's it?" he asked.

"That was all it was. But, as far as we know, you are now a father-to-be. Congratulations!" Preston said happily.

"I really need to get home and tell my clan that I'm fine," Brooklyn said.

"Just wait another hour to make sure that you are able to fly home steadily," Preston said.

"There is another hitch to this pregnancy too," Nathan said.

Brooklyn knew it! "What?"

A suitcase was suddenly held up in front of him. "Inside this are a bunch of liquid hormones you have to take. It's got hormones and a special drug to help sustain the pregnancy. Can you come back tomorrow night for a quick checkup? And you will need to come back for an ultrasound in 6 weeks.