- 24 -

It was painful to say the least, watching as Wei Zhou softly talk to the doctors

It was painful to say the least, watching as Wei Zhou softly talk to the doctors. Jing Yu thought that there comes a time in everyone's life when they figure out their existence is for the better being of someone else. Now, he was starting to realize that... maybe, this was the reason he was born in the first place, to save Wei Zhou. It seemed as though he had done a pretty terrible job but considering the circumstances, Wei Zhou was alive, and in time, hopefully, he will be happy again.

Wei Zhou walked over Jing Yu, his hand slipping to him, with tears running down his face, as the doctors approach his mother's figure. All it took was for them to grab the plug and pull.

Her heart monitor flat lined.

Wei Zhou's grip on Jing Yu's hand tightened and he fell on his body. Jing Yu wrapped his arms around Wei Zhou tightly and took him out of the room, knowing that there was nothing more for them to do but heal themselves.

Two weeks passed by that exact same way.

Jing Yu starts worrying about Wei Zhou, who was falling apart. Even though he had taken away all the monsters and put them behind bars, he also hurt someone he loved in the process. Jing Yu just wished that it was all worth it. He was sure he did the right thing.

"Wei Zhou, babe?" He asked, "Let's take a bath okay?"

Wei Zhou hadn't cried the whole morning, which is a start to recovery. He nodded and let Jing Yu carry him to the tub.

"She's really gone." Wei Zhou whispered that earned a nod from Jing Yu. "She did that to save us, didn't she?"

"Yes, babe." Jing Yu replied while kissing him.

"Jing Yu, I love you." Wei Zhou said, but Jing Yu felt like it was not the same as before. Wei Zhou's I love you this time was more convincing... like, he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him, and Jing Yu could die happily.

"Babe, I love you too." Jing Yu answered back with the same sincerity.

They took a bath exchanging kisses in between.

"I hope my mom is in a much better place," Wei Zhou said as soon as they stepped outside the bathroom.

"She is. Let's go grab some food?" Jing Yu asked, trying to change his partner's damp mood.

The phone rang and Jing Yu quickly answered,

"Hello?"

"Hello, this is Mr. Jin of the city council. Am I speaking to Mr. Xu Wei Zhou?" the other line replied.

Jing Yu hand the phone to Wei Zhou. "It's Wei Zhou speaking,"

"Hello, Mr. Xu, the apartment belonging to your step father is being taken custody of the city, we kindly ask for all of the things to be removed by the end of the day or else they will belong to the city."

"Uhm... okay. By the end of today?" Wei Zhou asked,

"Yes. The sooner, the better. Will you be the one stopping by?"

"Yes, I will. I'm with my boyfriend. Is that okay?"

"Yes, yes. It's okay. Thank you for your cooperation. Goodbye."

Wei Zhou hung up and returned to their bedroom. He picked up his hoodie and look at Jing Yu with his loving eyes, "We'll take some stuff back at my old house. Let's eat first. We only have a day to get all our things out there."

Jing Yu nodded while walking close to Wei Zhou. He hugged the latter and kissed him on his forehead.