- 3 -

Maybe I was wrong

Maybe I was wrong. Jing Yu is not a monster. No monster could make me feel like that just by touching me. In a way, Jing Yu's touch soothed me, calmed me, made me feel... safe. A word I hadn't used in a long time. Wei Zhou was still debating it all in his head. He couldn't focus all day at school. At lunch, Wei Zhou tried to find an empty spot but there were already too many people so he went for somewhere he felt safe... the janitor's closet.

It was located at the far end of the school's second floor, near the lockers. It was his safest haven because the place was abandoned long ago, no one used it anymore. It was the perfect place to hide and to be alone. As Wei Zhou made his way there, he found himself face to face with a monster. He froze in his tracks and his body began to shake.

"Well, hello there, Wei Zhou!" Mr. Wang said happily, "How are you today?"

Wei Zhou couldn't get himself to talk.

Mr. Wang was one of the worst monster. He haunted his dreams the most out of all of them.

"Do you need somewhere to eat lunch?" He asked, looking at the blue lunch bag in Wei Zhou's hand. "You can come into my office."

Wei Zhou's body began to shake and he tried to head the other way but Mr. Wang grabbed his wrist, making his stomach twist.

"Come on now, Wei Zhou. My office." He smiled devilishly.

"No." Wei Zhou replied. "Please... no."

Just then, Jing Yu came walking down the hall with his friends. His eyes caught Wei Zhou's eyes and Wei Zhou mentally begged him to stop and help him. Wei Zhou tried his hardest to make Jing Yu understand that this time, he needed his help. He needed someone to save him.

"Wei Zhou..." Jing Yu called, small smile playing on his lips. "Need somewhere to eat? Come with us,"

Mr. Wang stepped back then, eyeing Jing Yu almost angrily. Wei Zhou ran to Jing Yu's side but still standing a good foot away from him.

"Well then, see you around Wei Zhou!" Mr. Wang turned around, stomped down the hall and Wei Zhou remained glued to his place.

"Wei Zhou, are you okay?" Jing Yu asked. Jing Yu's friends are looking at him too.

"Yeah. Thank you."

"Oh. He talks." One of Jing Yu's friend smile.

Then Wei Zhou ran down the hall, even if he heard Jing Yu screaming for him to come back.