- 4-

"Where's Mom?" Wei Zhou asks, almost just a whisper

"Where's Mom?" Wei Zhou asks, almost just a whisper. His step-father stepped closer to him, whose breath smells strongly of alcohol.

"Aw. Does this little gay boy want his mommy?" His step-father replied. The closer he got to him, the faster his heart pounded.

"Please, just, let me go to my room," Wei Zhou begged.

"Oh, Wei Zhou, the pathetic and stupid Wei Zhou." He chuckled, coming closer to Wei Zhou and trapping him in the corner of the living room.

"Please..." Wei Zhou begged.

His step-father's fist suddenly connects with the left side of his face, blurring his vision and making Wei Zhou see black spots. His step-father wears rings, which is why he felt drops of blood running down his temple. Wei Zhou let out a whimper and he clenched his eyes shut, curling up into a ball close to the ground. Wei Zhou felt his stepdad's foot connect with his side, knocking the wind out of him. Then he took a step back, crossing his arms over his chest and laugh. Wei Zhou tried to crawl away on the ground but his stepdad grabbed his ankle and dragged him across the carpet quickly. giving him rug burns up his arms.

"Do you know where Feng is?" He asked Wei Zhou, his voice low. Feng was his step-brother. If anything, Feng was worse than his father.

"No," Wei Zhou whimpered. "Please, let me go."

"Fine," he spat, pushing Wei Zhou hard to the ground. Wei Zhou hit the floor and he immediately began climbing the stairs towards his room. As soon as he was inside, he locked the room door behind him.

Wei Zhou lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling, feeling the blood that was till dripping down his head, but he have no intentions of leaving the room to clean it up. That means he would have to go to the bathroom across the hallway. No way in hell he's doing that. Plus, the bathroom is right next to Feng's room.

His trembling body slowly calmed and he was left thinking. For some reason, he was thinking about Jing Yu. Were they really friends? Was he being realistic? Was he telling the truth about everything? Wei Zhou had never taken him to be the nice guy. The way Jing Yu dressed, acted and spoke always seemed to make him seem scary and little too bad boyish for his liking. But now, Jing Yu was just perfect... and he said he cared about him and would never hurt him. Could he save him from the monsters? The ones in his house, at school, everywhere, trying to destroy him?

There was a knock on his door and he jumped, startled.

"Wei Zhou, baby, it's me." His mother's voice sounded through the wood. He ran quickly over the door and opened it. As soon as she was in, he closed the door behind and fell into his mother's arms. "Oh, God, baby," his mother cooed, "Are the bullies at school getting worse? You're bleeding!"

Yeah! That's right. Wei Zhou made that up that people at school bullied him which was true, but the bullies at school didn't treat him like this. The reason he lied to her was because his step-father said that if he told his mom what he did, he would do it to her too. And he couldn't bear watching his mom receive the same treatment that he did, so he kept it a secret from her.