- 5 -

"Who did this to you?" Jing Yu asked in a low and deep voice

"Who did this to you?" Jing Yu asked in a low and deep voice. Wei Zhou looked up at him, whose brown eyes are distorted by his reaction.

Bruises covered Wei Zhou's arm and body. There was a visible cut on his forehead that hadn't been properly tended to, it looks like it needed some stitches.

"Tell me, Wei Zhou. I just can't stand by and watch while this happens. Is it someone here from school?" Jing Yu asked but Wei Zhou didn't answer, he just scooted back farther into the garden's foliage and wrapped his arms around himself. "Look, Wei Zhou," Jing Yu sat down next to him, "I'm not going to hurt you. I'm not. How many times do I have to tell you that? I just want you safe. I need to know who did this to you?"

"No one," Wei Zhou replied, breaking his silence. Jing Yu sighed. He knew he was lying.

"Why won't you tell me?" Jing Yu asked,

"Why do you care?" Wei Zhou asked back.

Jing Yu took a deep breath before he answer. "Because Wei Zhou, I really like you."

"Why?" He asked again.

"Why does it matter? I just want to be close to you." Jing Yu confessed, but Wei Zhou stood up and he is about to leave.

"Hey, wait, Wei Zhou," Jing Yu said in a panic tone.

"Maybe later, I'll tell you." Wei Zhou replied.

"Are you free this weekend? Would you like to hang out with me and my friends? We will watch some movies at Feng Song's house. It'll be fun, I promise."

"O... Okay," Wei Zhou stuttered out in agreement. Jing Yu grinned and his smile was all over his face.

"Great. Can I have your number?" Jing Yu asked, holding out his phone.

Wei Zhou nodded nervously but took Jing Yu's phone. He typed in his digits and then look at the latter.

"Thanks. I'll talk to you later then," Jing Yu said and smile.

Wei Zhou nods and wave goodbye before disappearing into the school halls. Jing Yu can't believe what happened. He stares at his phone and looked at Wei Zhou's number.

He immediately type a text to let Wei Zhou know his number.

To: Wei Zhou

Huang Jing Yu here. I will text you about hanging out later. 😊

Jing Yu smiled once again as he heads off to his first class.