- 1 -

There is a young man at school who is always afraid

There is a young man at school who is always afraid. Whose eyes always widens in panic as he walks through the hallway and there are times when he mumbles on his own words.

But I knew that he isn't stupid. I've seen his graded papers, mostly A's, far from what the students tell each other that the guy was crazy, a lunatic.

Maybe he was just afraid. I couldn't tell you what are the things that made him scared or what his nightmares are. I don't even knew why he became like this, but deep inside me, I know that this guy is different. He is special.

People made fun of him all the time and I have never seen him talking with anyone aside from our teachers. My heart ached for him, and I hungered to know more about him and his past. I don't even know his name but I could describe him perfectly.

He has a dark hair that looks so soft to touch. His brown eyes that are full of emotions that I couldn't even name at once. Our teachers told me that his voice was like the voice of an angel, smooth and relaxing at the same time. I dont know why I am attracted to this guy. I couldn't answer why but I am proud to say that I am. I thought of him everyday and I am eager to know his name and his story.

My friends, Wen, Feng Song and Qing made fun of me because of this. They thought that my obsession was kinda weird and creepy but I just laughed it off. I just wanted to know that guy's story, of what made him to act like that.

The only problem I have now is that, senior year will soon be over and I haven't figured out anything more about him. It will start when I have the chance to know his name.

"Jing Yu, I know that you can drive faster than this," Feng Song smirked hitting Jing Yu's shoulder playfully. Jing Yu pushed him away with his shoulder too.

"No. I don't care if we were late. I'm not speeding. I have a lot of tickets already." Jing Yu replied.

"But Jing Yu..." Wen whined and pouted, "you used to be so much funnier before. Where did all that go? You should start spending less time with Qing if you don't want to be a stone... for life."

"Hey, big mouth, I'm here you know?" Qing, the only girl in the group exclaimed that makes the guys giggle.

"I'm not doing this because it was right," Jing Yu said while looking through the side mirror, "I'm doing this because if I get another ticket, my father would probably kick me out of the house."

"Fine, fine. Drive like a normal man. Stop explaining, it's not so you." Feng Song chuckled and Wen sighed in agreement.

That is just how their group works. Feng Song is the cheeky one, he often gets in trouble for this. Qing and Jing Yu were on the rebellious side, but Qing leaned more on the trickster side, yes, don't be fooled just because she is a woman, while Wen is the good boy of the group, the one who kept them all grounded.

"Senior Year! It definitely will be a blast!" Qing shouted.

"You are not the only one who is excited to leave that prison." Feng Song said while Jing Yu parked the car. As soon as he parked, the four of them grabbed their things and hopped out of the car.