- 9 -

Wei Zhou hung the poster back up and helped Jing Yu up and out of his room

Wei Zhou hung the poster back up and helped Jing Yu up and out of his room. As awesome as Wei Zhou's room was, Jing Yu couldn't be in there knowing what was behind that poster. It made Jing Yu sick and he thinks that Wei Zhou understood. They went back down to the living room where Feng was just finishing his game up.

"Where's mom?" Wei Zhou asks.

"I don't know and please... she is not my mother." Feng replied and Wei Zhou's face distorted as he glanced back at Jing Yu.

"I'm sure she's fine, Wei Zhou. It's traffic that's delaying her." Jing Yu reassured him.

"But, what if it isn't? What if she got in a car crash? Or what if she... never comes home?" Wei Zhou said, hysterical, almost crying at the thought of losing his mom.

Jing Yu wrapped his arms around Wei Zhou, ignoring the dirty look Feng was throwing at him. He guided Wei Zhou to take a seat at the couch while also cooing the lad.

"What a child!" Feng said. "Well, what do you expect from a Mama's boy!"

"Be quiet!" Jing Yu hissed.

"What? It's true! Why do you think he was badly beaten up all the time? He deserves it. People see that he's weak!" Feng said without remorse.

Anger boiled inside Jing Yu. He stood up and approached Feng.

"You... You think he deserves this?" Jing Yu growled.

"Yes, I do."

Jing Yu grabbed Feng by the collar, pushing him up against the wall.

"You are the most terrible step-brother I had ever met." Jing Yu managed to say without losing his self-control.

"Get off of me," Feng yelled while also trying to loosen Jing Yu's grip.

Suddenly, the front door opens and they turned their heads, hoping that it was Wei Zhou's mom, but it wasn't. It was Wei Zhou's step-dad. When he saw Jing Yu holding Feng against the wall, his face hardened.

"What's going on here?" He shouted. Jing Yu barely recognized his voice because the man was actually sober. He was not sure if it was a good or a bad thing. Slowly, he dropped Feng and made his way back over to where Wei Zhou is.

"Who are you?" The step-dad asks, staring at Jing Yu in a frightening manner.

"Huang Jing Yu. I met you the other day when I came to pick up Wei Zhou."

"Huh?" Wei Zhou's step-dad obviously not remembering their encounter. He must've been too drunk to even remember his face or name.

"Is mom, almost home?" Wei Zhou asks,

"She isn't home yet?" His step-dad asks back. "It's strange. She was supposed to be home an hour ago."

Wei Zhou was about to cry so Jing Yu pulled him closer, receiving strange looks from the two.