❄︎ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘰 ❄︎

𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰

𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰

"There are some people here who would like to talk to you." The doctor looked weary and unsure.

I raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "About what?"

Berry didn't say anything. Instead, a severe-looking man with an eyepatch strode in with his arms behind his back.

"Hey there, Gwen. My name's Nick Fury. It's nice to meet you." He smiled. I heard Nix gasp beside me.

"Nick Fury..." she whispered, awestruck.

"Nix, why don't you come with me?" Berry ushered for her to follow. Nix gave me an unreadable look before getting up slowly and leaving, not taking her eyes off the man once.

"Friend on yours?" The man asked.

I shrugged. "Friend of yours?" I nodded my head at the woman standing in the doorway. Nick shrugged.

"Nice room you got here," he began to walk around my tiny hospital room.

"As nice as it can be given I'm in the loony bin."

The man chuckled, "I suppose you're right about that one."

He studied me. He looked unsure. I couldn't tell if he was trying to read my mind or seeing if I could read his.

"Is there something you two wanted? I was in the middle of a very intense game of Uno."

"Ah," Fury looked intrigued. He sat down on the ground right in front of me, crossing his legs just as I was. I gave him a strange look but shook it off.

He picked up the cards and began shuffling them, then dealt out seven to himself and me. I saw him glance at the woman in the doorway as if he was asking if she wanted to play; she looked pretty unamused.

"You go first," he said, turning over the first card. I flicked through my cards. I put down a green four on top of the green 2.

"How long you been here for?" He took his turn.

"Two years, though I'm sure you already knew that," I placed down a skip card.

"Maybe I did. Why so long?"

"Because I'm a menace to society," I put down a draw four card, "red."

He picked up four cards and put down a red 3, "yeah, a few accounts of class A misdemeanors and two felonies. Quite the achiever."